The incumbent will be responsible for introducing digital technologies and innovation in our programmes is one of key priorities and the Kenya country office The ICT4D Specialist will work very closely with the programmes team in Kenya to promote and explore innovative approaches, introduce ICT4D elements to deliver greater quality programmes and impact for beneficiaries. This will include, but not limited to, adapting existing innovation or technology products and services in programming; building partnerships and networking with innovation and technology partners to bring efficiency in programmes delivery.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor digital innovation trends, policy and legal maturation, relevant funding opportunities and share with line manager.
- Develop a network of innovation and ICT4D collaborators within the country, including private sector, research institutions, innovation hubs and humanitarian & development partners for growth of digital initiatives in the country office.
- Ensure that ICT4D is incorporated in Concern Kenya’s programmes and is visible on all relevant internal platforms.
Programme Design and Implementation
- Identification of technological and innovative solutions for using in programmes to increase efficiency and impact as well as to overcome operational challenges
- Collaborate with technical leads and field teams to develop and design tools/solutions with high potential for impact and scale, in line with contextual needs and gaps
- Take all necessary steps to introduce relevant options in programme implementation
- Support in the programme design to use ICT4D component to increase efficiency and impact
- Lead in providing technical support to all pilot and scale up programs with a digital component whilst documenting the successes and lessons learnt.
- Ensure all necessary data safety and protection requirements are met as required by the organization policies and practices
- Collaborate with MEAL and other teams to improve organisational learning on ICT4D for programme interventions
- Work with Concern Worldwide ICT4D global teams to facilitate sharing of knowledge and learning, on internal digital platform, on how technology is being used in programmes
Staff capacity building
- Lead on staff capacity building on ICT4D as necessary for ICT4D solutions introduced
- Organise and facilitate workshops as needed, in order to implement agreed ICT4D solutions
- Provide ongoing support to staff as needed (targeted working sessions, coaching and problem-solving) on ICT4D solutions introduced
- Adhere to and promote the standards outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct and associated policies to their team, beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment
- Participating and contributing towards Concern’s emergency response, as and when necessary
- Take all possible measure to meet Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS)
- Any other duties as assigned by the Line Manager
Minimum Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Bachelors’ degree in a technical field (e.g., ICT, ICT4D, data science or engineering in relevant field)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the humanitarian/ development sector relating to innovations, technology and digital services.
- Experience of introducing ICT solutions in the implementation humanitarian or development programmes at field level
- High English language skills
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Strong time management skills with an ability to plan ahead, anticipate requirements, problems and obstacles and manage competing priorities
- Excellent business partnering, communication and relationship building skills.
- Experience in designing and implementing complex solutions in diverse thematic areas.
- Experience in designing business processes would be an advantage.
- High integrity and demonstrated ability to follow standards and policies
- Ability to work in a systematic and organized manner and attend details
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a detailed CV with three referees and Cover Letter Only to email@example.com with the subject of the email as “Officer Gender Transformation ’’ on or before Thursday, 23rd February 2023 “. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview