The incumbent’s role will be to provide technical support and facilitating gender transformation in Concern’s programmes, support capacity building of Concern Worldwide and partners teams and keeping track of the progress.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as focal point and facilitator for organization-wide Gender Transformation (GT).
- Facilitate GT focal points meetings keep track of plan, activities and follow ups of the GT focal points
- Prepare minutes of the GT focal points meeting
- Facilitate trainings for Concern and partners’ staff on gender mainstreaming and gender transformation
- Facilitate the GT focal points for developing a gender transformation strategy
- Facilitate application of Concern’s Gender and Protection principles and standards in programme implementation, monitoring and information systems
- Identify opportunities to advocate Concern’s position on gender transformation through exchange of information, negotiation and lobbying.
- Provide support to review reports and other documents to ensure they reflect Concern’s work on Gender
- Prepare / refine training materials required for capacity building of Concern and partners’ teams as well as resources for engagements with communities
- Find, prepare and/or organize technical resources related with GT
- Work with programme design team to incorporate GT in new proposals and concept notes
- Provide on the job training and technical support to field teams for implementing/incorporating GT in their field work and advocacy
- Work with monitoring evaluation and learning team to incorporate GT in monitoring evaluation and learning of different programmes and projects.
- Work with programme teams to identify and track indicators to monitor GT in Concern’s programmes
- Incorporate GT in undertaking context analysis and other studies
- Work with relevant staff to facilitate sharing of knowledge and learning on GT
- Adhere to and promote the standards outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct and associated policies to their team, beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment
- Participating and contributing towards Concern’s emergency response, as and when necessary
- Take all possible measure to meet Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS)
- Any other duties as assigned by the Line Manager
Minimum Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Bachelors’ degree in a related field (e.g., gender studies, social development, human rights, law, international development, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the humanitarian/ development sector relating to gender mainstreaming or gender transformation.
- Experience in training and capacity building, particularly using participatory approaches and methods related to different components of gender transformation programming;
- Articles or papers on subjects related with gender transformation
- English language skills
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Strong facilitation and time management skills with an ability to plan ahead, anticipate requirements, problems and obstacles and manage competing priorities
- Experience in designing and implementing gender transformation solutions in diverse thematic areas both in development and emergency response programmes.
- Knowledge of local challenges, policies, international best practices, frameworks / markers related to gender transformation
- High integrity and demonstrated ability to follow standards and policies
- Ability to work in a systematic and organized manner and attend details
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a detailed CV with three referees and Cover Letter Only to email@example.com with the subject of the email as “Officer Gender Transformation ’’ on or before Thursday, 23rd February 2023 “. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview