Objective of the Position:
Performing autonomously and ensuring, all necessary complex / advanced servicing, maintenance and repair of MSF vehicles and other engines/mechanical equipment according to MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure that they are in perfect running condition.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing maintenance according to the instructions in the logbook, ensuring all type of services to all vehicles are done on time
- Testing all vehicles after each service is concluded and before it is handed back to its driver
- Keeping record of vehicle’s driver remarks and carrying out repairs if needed (vehicles and other mechanical equipment) and filling in service, repair or vehicle logbook. Reporting to the line manager any problem related to MSF vehicles
- In the case of a breakdown, making a diagnosis, informing the line manager and after approval carrying out any complex / advanced repairs needed.
- Following up the validity of all documents (annual inspections, insurance or any other required documents)
- Assist in the briefing or training of drivers regarding vehicle services and maintenance; how to drive as per the MSF regulations, adapting to road conditions, convoy regulations etc.
- Managing the stock of consumable items, filling in the stock cards, carrying out physical stock inventories, executing orders necessary for renewing stock
- Responsible for the equipment and tools, including extinguishers, checking they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary and keeping the inventory updated.
- Ensuring that all records related to maintenance are always completed and preparing needed reports before and after any repair or maintenance.
- Responsible for major maintenance of the mission generators as outlined in the mission energy policy
- Make internal request to supervisor for parts needed for service and repairs of vehicles, generator and other motorized equipment
- Responsible for training the field generator operators and field mechanics on basic maintenance
- Support the team involved on the efficient use of the service management software
- Participates in monthly intersectional workshop activities reporting
- Make field visits on request or when required to carry out services, minor and major repairs of vehicles and/or motorized engines in the field.
Education: essentialDiploma in mechanics or related studies.
Experience: Demonstrable mechanical experience. (Minimum 2 years experience).
Languages: Fluency in English and Kiswahili
Competencies: Excellent analytical skills, at ease with figures and data.
How to apply
Applicants MUST be Kenyan nationals and have the necessary statutory documents (ID, NSSF, NHIF and a PIN certificate). Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit a motivation letter and an updated Curriculum Vitae as a single file mentioning on the subject email line, “MECHANIC”, to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. MSF is an equal opportunity Employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment fee.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF and will be treated confidentially. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data only for the recruitment process tohave all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. MSF does not sell your personal data under any circumstances. If you have any questions, requests or concerns, you can contact us on email@example.com
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, religion, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to achieving a balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
MSF provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination.