The job holder is responsible for managing the supply chain processes at KCA University through sourcing for goods and services, contracting and issuing orders for goods and services based upon quality, quantity, service and delivery requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that procurement procedures, regulations and all applicable laws are properly implemented
- Advise the University Management on policy and regulatory matters relating to the procurement and management of supplies
- Prepare and issue procedural manuals, procurement procedures and manage University’s goods, works and services.
- Consolidate procurement plans and liaise with the Departments to ensure the requests have clear specifications.
- Coordinate the development of the University’s annual procurement and asset disposal plans to ensure they are aligned with the budget and strategic needs of the University
- Implement the University’s annual procurement and disposal plans, budget preparation and performance management in the supplies management function
- Prepare and implement the Departmental work plans and evaluate their performance to achieve its targets.
- Provide professional advice and respond to all procurement-related matters to maintain positive relationships with suppliers and service providers.
- Assess and mitigate the Supply Chain strategic and operational risks by ensuring appropriate internal controls are put in place in the University.
- Coordinate the preparation, publishing and distribution of procurement and disposal opportunities.
- Coordinate and participate in the adoption of e-procurement strategies in the University’s supply chain processes.
- Coordinate approval of all requisitions in the system by ensuring the items requested are captured in the University approved annual procurement and asset disposal plan.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in the field of supply chain management, procurement or a related field from an accredited/recognized University
- Master’s degree in any field AND Certified Procurement and Supply Professional Part IV (CPSP-K) or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Membership of a relevant professional association in good standing
- Six (6) years’ relevant work experience, three (3) of which should be in a supervisory position OR Three 3 years’ work experience as a Senior Supply Chain Management Officer in the University.
- Must demonstrate outstanding administrative/managerial capability in organization and management
OTHER SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrate understanding of the Public Procurement & Disposal Act and other procurement regulations
- Ability to build capacity of procurement committees/teams in university procurement regulations
- Ability to prepare tender templates for supply of services and goods
- Familiarity with contract laws
- Prior experience guiding a unit / other doing similar work.
- Accounting background will be an added advantage
- Ability to supervise a team and deliver well under pressure and meet deadlines.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV including three referees, academic and professional certificates, and a clear copy of your Kenya National ID and iTax certificate via email to email@example.com by 27th March 2023. The subject of your email should read the position
Head of Human Resources,
P.0. Box 56808-00200,