The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral, and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania, and Djibouti.
The Light Vehicles Driver transports people and goods in a safe and timely manner, in accordance with ICRC rules and regulations and national traffic laws.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Report on any dents, repair, and service of vehicles to Carpool dispatcher(s):
- Drive the vehicles & its passengers safely to any required official destinations;
- Ensure that vehicles driven are clean and have spare wheels and tools allocated to them
- Correct use of logbooks for vehicles allocated & carries fuel to ups &car wash when due & carries fuel to ups & car wash when due;
- Morning check-up of oil, water and fuel on all vehicles allocated to them
- Maps out driving routes ahead of time before starting a trip to ascertain road traffic conditions & expedient trips;
- Very vigilant with weather conditions, security updates/news, road conditions & traffic information,;
- Carries out Airport and field duty trips as instructed
- Pick-up passengers from / to the airport, residences, and the field
- Conduct routine vehicle checks & fills in weekly vehicle checklist & other carpool documents
- Conducts routine maintenance vehicle checks and minor DIY (Do It Yourself ) repairs
- Reports discrepancies to his supervisor or Security for repairs that have not been satisfactorily done
- Ensures that mail/parcels to various destinations is handed to respective passengers / officials
- Effectively & promptly communicates with his supervisor & colleagues on duty completion as per duty roaster & manifest provided.
Minimum Requirements and competencies
- Minimum of KCSE certificate with grade D+ (plus) & above or equivalent;
- Must have a clean & valid Driving license Class B-C-E;
- Minimum 7 years Progressive Defensive & ECO Driving experience in a similar position;
- Previous working experience with International Organizations (preferred);
- Good command of written and spoken English;
- Attention to detail and meticulous use of 1st aid kits & proper safety procedures;
- Good knowledge of East Africa driving routes/roads & navigation apps -Google maps & GPS;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Self-managed, flexible and ability & to work longer (weekend and night shifts) hours;
- Excellent Visual capability.
How to apply
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before the 24th January 2023 at 4:30 pm with their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via the email address provided below:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The reference Driver Light Vehicles must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying and attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in Kenya.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
In processing your personal data for recruitment purposes, we follow the information notice as explained HERE.