The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and other forms of violence and provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi is a hub that co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti and hosts the organizations’ regional logistics, technical and training support units serving the Horn and Great Lakes Region.
The Electrician will be carrying out corrective and preventive maintenance of the electrical system in the premises and facility which involves installations, maintaining, and repairs.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Periodically Inspecting electrical installations like wiring, (RCBO) Residual current circuit breakers , circuit breakers, electrical boards and other electrical components for potential hazards, correct function and compliance with standards;
- Periodically Inspecting electrical household equipment for potential hazards, correct function and compliance with standards;
- Reporting to premises department about outcome of inspection;
- Planning of interventions according to result of inspections if required;
- Assessment of electrical installations in the new residence before taking over the residence;
- Trouble shooting and carry out electrical repairs on existing structures;
- Repair domestic electrical appliances such as washing machines, cookers;
- Repairing and replacing equipment, electrical wiring, and fixtures;
- Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical circuits using appropriate tools and testing instruments;
- Troubleshooting electrical issues using appropriate testing devices;
- Install safety and distribution components e.g., switches, RCBO.s, circuit-breaker panels etc.;
- Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units;
- Installs electrical fitting to existing houses, building &/or other structures;
- Installation of the security measures in the residence, and mounting of fixtures and fittings.
Minimum Requirements and competencies
- University Degree in Electrical engineering or advanced diploma, or any other related field;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Electrician or similar position;
- Experience in building electrical installation, Protection and earthing systems, maintenance, and repair of electrical installations;
- Experience in electrical household equipment as washing machines, water heaters etc;
- Valid driving License, minimum 2yrs of progressive driving experience;
- Able to use office equipment (Computer, copier, & printer etc.);
- Good Command in written & spoken English;
- Computer literate.
How to apply
The interested candidates should fill up a form by clicking the link below on or before 24th January 2023 at 4:30 pm then submit their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via the email address provided below:
The reference Electrician must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not fill out the required information as per the link provided or clearly state the position for which you are applying and attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in Kenya.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
In processing your personal data for recruitment purposes, we follow the information notice as explained HERE.