LM International is a non-profit faith-based global Swedish foundation working for sustainable poverty alleviation from a human rights perspective. We are committed to drive transformative and innovative change in the thematic areas of economic empowerment and accountability, health, education, and WASH.
LM International operates in about 25 countries and 4 regions (Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Middle East) with a focus on fragile states and triple nexus contexts.
Since 1958, the foundation has built up enduring local, national, regional, and global partnerships around the world. Our vision is “Dignified Life – Sustainable World” and our mission is to “to save lives and empower people”.
International Aid Services (IAS) merged with LM International on 1 January 2019.
LM International is looking for a passionate individual for our Africa Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya who has the competencies and excitement to work as the Office Manager, taking the lead in supporting the combined, fast-growing team of 16 national and international staff based in Nairobi bringing immediate and lasting change in the lives of the women, men, and children we serve. The Africa Regional Office function as the hub the regions East Central and South Africa, Sahel and West Africa and Chad (WAC) that support the work through Country Offices and partner organisations in Burundi, DR Congo, Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Chad and Niger.
Special attention to this position:
- Qualified female candidates and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- This position is contingent on the candidate’s ability to secure work and residence permit in Kenya.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the running of the Africa Regional Office;
- Bookkeeping, payroll, procurement, budget and reporting;
- Coordinate the implementation of the office Safety and Security Protocol.
- Ensure compliance with the NGO Coordination Board and the Government of Kenya.
- Staff recruitment, induction, appraisal, staff development and termination for the ARO and support to the country offices on the same;
- Coordinate meetings, seminars, conferences and other events conducted by the Global Organisation in Kenya;
Qualification and Experience:
- Excited to work with a faith-based organisation guided by Christian values.
- Highly Prefer: Master’s Degree and at least 4-years’ experience at the level of a Office
Manager responsible for an international, multiethnic and cultural office environment;
- Minimum qualification: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field with six years’ Administrator or related senior-level management experience in administration, business and management;
- Solid HR experience and a good understanding of Kenya’s labor laws and regulations;
- Experience with Quickbooks or similar programme and min. 2 years’ experience as Accountant including data-entry and creating basic financial reports – CPA qualifications is an added advantage;
- Starting date: As soon as possible.
- Based in Nairobi with the possibility of in-country and international travelling.
- Experience in statutory fillings e.g. VAT/PAYE/NHIF/NSSF etc.;
- Financial management experience, including budgeting, reporting, and procurement;
- Maintaining Safety and Security Management system;
- Extensive experience in writing and reviewing grant proposals and reports is desirable but not required;
- High proficiency in computer programs such as Office365 including Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, and mobile apps.
- Duration of commitment: Minimum 2 years with a 3 months’ probation period and the possibility of extension.
How to apply
Submission of Application:
- All applications should be submitted electronically to email: email@example.com.
- For questions about the position kindly email Team Leader Anders Jacobsen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please use reference code ‘Africa Regional Office Manager’ in the email subject line.
- Please provide the following when applying for this post: 1) Cover letter explaining your motivation for seeking this position and your experience from similar organizations; 2) Curriculum Vitae (CV) that contains details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current remuneration, contact details and names of three references.
- Closing date: 26.03.2023
- LM International does not refund any expenses in connection with interviews.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- To learn more about LM International kindly go to www.lminternational.org
Welcome to a key role in an organization where everyone, regardless of function, contributes to LM International’s Vision: Dignified life – Sustainable world.