International Transformation Foundation (ITF) is an internationally youth led non-profit organization providing youth educational and self-development programs, encompassing leadership and entrepreneurship, to harness creativity for a youth system that provides jobs, offering security, opportunities to grow, and contribute to the development of our communities.
Since its establishment ITF has been developing and operating youth development programs to lead the youth of today as leaders with a strong heart and mind as true workers of society with creative and progressive thinking. Our current projects are:
1. Join the Pipe Project: Installing sustainable tap water stations near playgrounds, city centers, parks, schools and bus stations in Africa; for people to access clean tap water whenever possible.
The project also works to bring awareness to the environmental impact of production and waste of bottled water through two ventures:
- A water kiosk at school: a school based and students managed business selling clean tap water to community residents. It involves financing a community school to set up an onsite water kiosk with specially designed and sustainable products for children to transport tap water at home straight from school. It is both an educational and profitable business – teaching students’ business and entrepreneurial skills, and generating much-needed income for schools.
- Public drinking tap water station: In partnership with urban Communities/Towns/Cities we install our non-breakable drinking water station in Public places for people to access clean drinking tap water free of charge.
2. Jijenge Kijana Fund: a youth livelihood pathway offering microcredit, micro-saving and training which enables ITF members to engage in productive and stable livelihoods
3. Erasmus Plus Projects:
- GO-PRO The main objective of the project is to create space for the development of key information and communications technology (ICT) competences in the field of programming for children and youth. The project plans on achieving this by creating GO-PRO centers where modern programming education can take place and, in the process, awaken the passion to code in the youth. This project is done in collaboration with Meritum (Poland) and International Transformation Foundation (Kenya).
- 4Evergreen This is a project aimed at empowering the youth which ITF will implement in collaboration with the Association for European Cooperation, Development and Communication (CODEC vzw), Belgium. 4Evergreen will bridge 2 programme objectives– to support awareness raising on the environmental and climate goals and taking up innovative practices in a digital era. The project main aim thereafter is to contribute to the just and inclusive transition to sustainable living throughout empowering youth work sector across the globe to raise awareness on environmental issues by personal example and digital tools – the language of young people.
PUBLIC RELATIONS ASSISTANT
Your role is to tell the ITF’s story to the outside world, shaping the narrative about the organization’s work and helping create a positive public perception to investors, partners and volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Publishing Content: You are required to write original content that portrays ITF in the best possible light. This requires you to: Compile and keep a record of ITF communications with external stakeholders as well as work alongside other teams within ITF to create written content, as well as videos and pictures.
Creating content: Once you have created your content, you are responsible for publishing and distributing it in order to maintain a vibrant online presence for ITF. While you are encouraged to think creatively in this space, you are expected, at a minimum, to:
- Post regularly on ITF’s official social media platforms.
- Design and manage ITF website content, including success stories, testimonials and picture archives.
- Ensure that the information you disseminate is compliant with ITF’s privacy guidelines.
Fundraising: In conjunction with the Account Assistant and Secretary General, you are responsible for generating money for ITF’s projects. This requires you to:
- Identify and prepare grant proposal and or other fundraising strategies for designed projects or office expenses.
- Maintain engagement with existing partners, ensuring they are aware of projects that are underway, the impact they are having, and the financial transparency of all processes. This engagement will occur through personalized emails before and after projects, and in-depth reports.
- Extend the partners base through structured fundraising appeals.
Basic Knowledge & Skills required:
The Applicant must possess or is extremely eager to learn and passionate about the following knowledge/skills and is able to demonstrate, that the essential functions of this position can be performed:
- Hold at least a Diploma in Public Relations, Communication, Marketing, Graphic Design & Video Editing and other related fields
- Possess knowledge in current issues and best practices relating to international youth development;
- Ability to come up with creative ideas and content for communication and promotional materials, fundraising, identify potential opportunities for raising funds and write grant proposals,
- Have excellent communication skills both orally and in writing (minimally in English), Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to work with individuals from different cultures,
- Possess basic computer skills including graphic communication and social media management,
- Ability to maintain an established work schedule, with or without flexibility,
- Strong organizational and management skills- ability to multi task and prioritize,
- Motivated to learn and take on new challenges’
- Willingness and capacity to volunteer’
- Unparalleled passion and commitment for youth & community development,
- For volunteers, a minimum of six months commitment is required.
The volunteer is required to work from the office; at the current time remote working is not an available option. ITFs office hours are from Monday to Thursday from 9am to 5pm.
Although ITF Volunteers enjoy limitless opportunities, ITF does NOT provide any kind of compensation, including stipends. ITF Staff operate on a full-time volunteer basis for a minimum of 6 months. Volunteers are responsible for all basic expenses such as home – office transportation, accommodation etc. ITF ONLY provides direct operational expenses such as staff transportation to meetings outside the office, field visit operations etc.
How to apply
Complete this application form: http://www.itfsecretariat.org/volunteer.html
Like our Facebook page, Instagram page, and follow us on Twitter.
For any queries get in touch through firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +254 799189233, @ITFSecretariat on Twitter & Facebook.
We DO NOT consider incomplete applications as well as candidates who are not able to cover the volunteer term expenses as mentioned in the above paragraph (Compensation).