Open to Internal and External Candidates
Teleradiology and PACS Systems Administrator
Regional Office, Nairobi, Kenya
General Service Staff, Grade G6
Type of Appointment
One Year Fixed Term Contract (with possibility of extension)
Estimated Start Date
As soon as possible
23 March, 2023
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the UN Migration Agency. With 174 member states it is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. Established in 1951 and now active in over 400 field locations worldwide, IOM works with partners, government and civil society to:
- Assist in meeting the operational challenges of migration and mobility
- Advance understanding of migration issues
- Encourage social and economic development through migration; and
- Uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants and mobile populations.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
IOM’s Regional Office for the East and Horn of Africa supports and monitors the following countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda. Through a team of specialists, the Regional Office supports the development, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of projects and initiatives undertaken by country offices and regional programmes.
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Health Assessment Programme Coordinator (RHAPC), with the direct supervision of the Regional Radiology Coordinator and with the technical guidance of the National Information Technology Officer in Regional Office, Nairobi, and in close coordination with the IOM Global Teleradiology Center, at the Manila Administrative Centre (MAC), the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall Radiology Software and PACS Systems administrations, and provide technical and user support to the Radiology Centre in Nairobi Regional Office and the field operations in the region.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
In particular he/she will:
- Install, configure and network the PACS software related to digital radiology and Teleradiology for field operations in the region, in coordination with the Manila Global Teleradiology Center when needed.
- Perform day-to-day housekeeping/maintenance of the Teleradiology PACS software, databases and other various Teleradiology HIT software services in Nairobi regional PACS hub and local missions in the region.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting of bio-data and system errors for PACS systems and Teleradiology applications databases and servers running in the region.
- Assist in writing and maintaining documentation, like users’ instructions, manuals and technical support guide to be used by the Nairobi Center and users in the region.
- Handle the systems set-up and configuration part of the technical preparation during roll-out/implementation of IOM Teleradiology service to new field locations in the region, in coordination with the medical IT colleagues in field missions as applicable.
- Provide training to medical IT colleagues in Migration Health Division (MHD) field operations and other end-users in the region.
- Act as focal point for any Teleradiology and PACS systems technical issues and provide support in the region when required.
- Assist in evaluating software and hardware solutions related to the digital radiology process and customizing open-source software for enhancing, adding functionality, and for systems integration the existing Teleradiology and PACS systems in the region.
- Assist to develop, test and maintain reports in Teleradiology SQL Reporting Services.
- Assist the Teleradiology service process as needed including routine clerical, data reports, and administrative works.
- Assist keep track of the submission of the CXRs and the reports to the Australia and Canada eMedical websites when needed.
- Provide support during weekends, holidays or outside working hours as well as a “stand-by” focal on a rotation basis upon request.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited academic institution in a relevant field with four years of relevant experience.
- Completed High-school Certificate or a related discipline from an accredited academic institution with six years of relevant experience.
- Minimum four years of relevant work experience, advantageous if the experience is on SQL and J2EE. Experience with PHP and .Net is an added advantage.
- Minimum two years of experience with JBoss, Apache Web and Tomcat; configuration management of Enterprise applications.
- Experience with digital Radiology and Teleradiology with understanding of the public health industry is an advantage.
- Strong software development skills: strong skills in SQL development, database integration with web-based applications is advantageous.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated skills in systems analysis and design techniques, testing and documentation required.
Required: Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required. Working knowledge of French or any other UN Official language is advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership – provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision.
- Empowering others & building trust – creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Building Trust: Promotes shared values and creates an atmosphere of trust and honesty.
- Strategic thinking & vision – works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Humility: Leads with humility and shows openness to acknowledging own shortcomings.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to apply
How to apply:
Submit cover letter and CV, including daytime telephone and e-mail contact to: International Organization for Migration (IOM), RO Human Resources Department, send via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 23 March 2023
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted.
NO FEE: The International Organization for Migration (IOM) does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, process, or training). IOM does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank details.
From: 10.03.2023 to 23.03.2023