Services/Work Description: Re-design InBusiness Initiative Website
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Type of Contract: Consultancy
Expected Start Date: Immediately after signing the contract
Duration of Project: 1 Month
ABOUT LIGHT FOR THE WORLD
Light for the World is a global disability and development organization that enables eye health and empowers people with disabilities. In Kenya, Light for the World runs its flagship project dubbed theInBusiness Initiative, which aims at economically empowering communities of persons with disabilities through inclusive collaborations.
We do this through: –
- Building capacity of people with disabilities on business and employability skills
- Promoting disability inclusion in public and private sector institutions.
- Building a dialogue on disability related issues.
- Collecting evidence on what works in economic empowerment of persons with disabilities.
OBJECTIVES AND SCOPE OF WORK
To improve and expand the visibility of the InBusiness Initiative, Light for the World in Kenya seeks to redesign the InBusiness Initiative websites to align and reflect the Light for the World brand, mission, values and program areas. The sole purpose of the redesign of the website therefore is to restructure the appearance of content, navigation features, improve the performance of the website and make it user friendly and accessible to all website visitors including persons with disabilities in their diversities.
It is in this regard that Light for the World in Kenya is seeking the services of a firm/ consultant with a track record in designing and developing interactive and inclusive websites to submit their expression of interest to undertake the redesign of the InBusiness Initiative Website.
In specifics, the redesigned InBusiness Initiative Website:
- Must be built using a Content Management System (CMS) platform e.g. WordPress
- Will have English as the main language, hence the web-developer or consultant must ensure the optionality of translation to other languages including swahili through google-supported translation.
- Must help convey and communicate Light for the World in Kenya mandate areas and reach a wider audience, thus must be well organized, structured with accessibility features to allow website visitors including persons with disabilities to navigate and interact easily with the content.
- Must incorporate security features to the website in accordance with Web Coverage Services Standards (WCSs).
- Interfaces should be accessible, simple and interactive and user-friendly. The web design should be responsive to render well on mobile devices.
- Provide tools to enable interlinkage with social media and newsletter platforms e.g. contact forms and MailChimp.
- Must be adapted to the Corporate Design of Light for the World and InBusiness Initiative.
- Will remain hosted under the InBusiness Initiative- www.inbusinessinitiative.org.
- Wireframe and mock-ups of the redesigned InBusiness Initiative website
- A final fully functional redesigned website with all incorporated features
- Project Report on the stated deliverables.
- In terms of support and maintenance, the firm or consultant should provide administrative and technical support as well as quality control for a period of 6 months.
EXPERTISE REQUIRED AND QUALIFICATIONS
To be eligible to apply for this role the consultant/firm must;
- Be experienced in using the .NET framework to develop web applications.
- Be experienced in technologies and designing for incorporating accessibility for people with disability in diversities in accordance with the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
- Experience designing responsive web design (website adjusts smoothly to various screen sizes)
- Be a reputable firm/consultant with at least 5-10 years of prior experience designing visually appealing and navigation friendly web sites.
- Familiarity and relevant experience in using different Content Management Systems (CMS) and extensive knowledge of current web development technologies and design tools in the field.
- Have exceptional knowledge to demonstrate the ability to create innovative and visually appealing design while taking into consideration recent trends in graphic design, website development, including online video publishing.
All materials produced in the scope of this assignment (including images, videos, text, etc.) are copyright of Light for the World. No part may be reproduced, copied, or transmitted in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, or graphic) without the prior written permission of Light for the World.
Full source code including all developed libraries shall be handed over to Light for the World upon completion of the project.
How to apply
Interested and qualified consultants/firms are required to submit the following:
- A technical proposal: Letter of Interest, stating why you consider yourself/your firm suitable for the assignment.
- Firm/company profile on handling related assignments.
- Portfolio of past work that is relevant to this project.
- Personal CVs for individual consultant/ technical team highlighting qualifications and experience.
- Contact details of referees which shall be organizations for whom you have worked with in similar projects.
- Financial proposal indicating consultancy fee and a breakdown of expenses (unit price together with any other expenses) related to the assignment.
- Both technical and financial proposals shall not exceed five pages.
The applications should be submitted electronically through: bit.ly/LFTW-KE-WebsiteRedesign
The deadline for submission of application is Friday 4th April 2023 by close of business East African Time. Only successful applicants will be contacted.