POSITION BASED IN ANY MSF-OCBA HUB SUBJECTED TO FEASIBILITIES
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed, or political affiliation. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF. The MSF movement is built around six operational directorates supported by MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF OCBA acts as the hosting directorate for TEMBO to support the MSF movement.
TEMBO (https://tembo.msf.org) mission is to become a personal and organizational digital learning & development ecosystem used across the organization, mutualizing efforts, gaining efficiency across MSF entities, and providing a space for all MSF Staff to learn, develop themselves and share knowledge. It contains learning activities such as courses, quick videos and exercises, job-ads, learning communities, and many other professional development resources.
The Resource Manager provides managerial oversight and guidance for the correct planning, management and allocation of Tembo resources for Tembo’s projects and social mission. Directly accountable to the Tembo Director, and in close collaboration with the Tembo Management Team s/he is responsible for coordinating and executing Tembo financial planning, reporting and analysis, ensuring optimal utilization of a Tembo’s resources, maintaining a true accounting register, control, and compliance with OCBA & MSF International financial policies.
The Resources Manager is responsible for defining, planning, and monitoring the Tembo HR Strategy in line with MSF/OCBA HR policies. S/he ensures the HR capacity required, sizing and improving people capabilities, contribution, and active participation in order to achieve mission goals effectively. The Resources Manager advises on how to optimize investments in projects as a means to achieving annual targets and the Business Case goals and use data analytics to assess risks, opportunities, sustainability, financial and long-term impacts on the organization, in order to determine viability of individual projects and mid-long term Tembo’s sustainability through the proposal and development of Tembo Cost model.
MAIN FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Work closely with the Tembo Management Team on planning and allocating resources for services and projects, creating, and updating a resource plan.
- Responsible for the planning and definition of the organizational setup of the Tembo project. S/he supports the identification of the optimum setup in order to properly achieve Tembo strategic objectives.
- Help to determine Tembo’s demand for resources, ensuring its capacity, best organizational set up and staff appropriateness to meet Tembo strategic objectives. Helps to assign employees to project’s tasks (in accordance with their skillsets, previous experience, and availability), and participating in the hiring process.
- Review the resource plan, identify availability issues, and provide proposals to resolve, closely working with the Portfolio Manager and the rest of the MT, making sure that Tembo’s resources have capacity to work on current and upcoming projects.
Accountable for the overall finances of Tembo
- Designs Tembo financial strategy and planning. Guarantees accuracy of the forecasting exercises in collaboration with the OCBA Finance Department.
- Responsible for budget preparation, control, and follow-up in line with OCBA hosting financial policies, procedures, and tools.
- Supports and coaches the managers in budget definitions and actuals follow up.
- Actively seeks to optimize resources, supporting project budgets and forecast, managing assets and Tax exemptions and procurement.
- Supervises accounting, ensuring all income and expenses are compliant with the right projects and services. Guarantee that all invoicing to/from the various sections and providers are accurate.
- Elaborates and evolve financial analyses in relation to the Tembo financial agreements with partners and donors: Service Level Agreements, Grants and Statements of work.
- Is the direct financial interlocutor with OCBA financial department, the International Office and the TIC.
Propose the Tembo Cost Model for the Long-term sustainability
- Identify the financial opportunities within the RSA´s mechanisms. (keys, sections…).
- Propose alternative financial models’ scenarios, calculations, and arguments.
- Define an accountability system that will ensure that the agreed principles are respected (checks & balances) – minimizing bureaucracy and optimising transparency.
- Propose the most appropriate governance and roadmap to place a proposal (bodies, mechanisms, timeline in the year…).
Responsible for all HR aspects of the project, ensuring they are aligned with MSF HR policies
- Responsible for of the adaptation, implementation and follow up of MSF HR policies, procedures and tools in Tembo.
- In collaboration with the MT define the optimal HR strategy and setup to properly achieve Tembo strategic objectives, ensuring effective and efficient staffing to meet services and project needs across Tembo, documenting processes and maintaining records.
- Provides managerial oversight and guidance to the day-to-day Human Resources (HR) activities and tasks (all employee-related issues, such as recruitment, on boarding and termination/exists, coaching/mentoring, etc.).
- Coordinates all Tembo’s recruitment processes, in coordination with Tembo managers and in collaboration with OCBA HR team.
- Supervises and effective onboarding, induction and orientation of the Tembo staff.
- Plan learning and development opportunities for Tembo staff as well as implementation and follow up of performance evaluation.
- Guarantees alignment with OCBA HR department regarding staff training, compensation and benefit planning, payroll administration, and hiring new staff for projects, overseeing standardized HR processes throughout Tembo and assisting in the development of localized procedures as required.
- Focal point for Prevention of Harassment, Discrimination, Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PHSEA) across Tembo.
- She/he manages conflicts within the team, whenever they appear and provides mediation.
- University Degree in Business Administration, Finance, HR or similar.
- 5 years in FIN/HR leadership positions within MSF.
- Knowledge of SAP, HRIS, Power BI.
- Experience in team coordination and management.
- Desirable experience in other support functions, procurement, IT.
- Desired experience in Business Services.
- Position based in any MSF-OCBA Hub (Barcelona, MSF-Spain office delegations, Amman, Dakar or Nairobi). Final location will be subject to the employability of the preselected candidate (residency, work permit, etc.).
- Full-time job.
- Contract duration: indefinite.
- Annual Gross Salary: level HQ-4A (divided in 12 monthly payments) + secondary benefits based on MSF OCBA Reward Policy. Subjected to local conditions.
- Starting date: ASAP.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter:
Closing date: March 22nd, 2023, 23:59 CET (Central European Time).
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to achieving a balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. MSF provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned position.