Scope of work:
The Position is a member of the Global Finance Team. This job key responsibility is the financial management of the regional country offices in areas of finance, Accounting and reporting activities, ensuring that financial information is timely, accurate, complete and follows the relevant accounting principles. They will work closely with the country -based Deputy Director Finance, as well as regional counterparts in the Awards Management Unit (AMU), Global Supply Chain (GSC), Human Resources (HR), Information Technology (IT) and other functional departments.
Key areas of responsibilities:
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Reporting
- Consolidate the annual budget (Operating Budget and Reforecast) and produce required analyses and reports to the RFD
- Undertake regional finance department activities and schedules to meet the financial reporting requirements and deadlines specified by New York HQ and donors.
- Assist in preparation of financial analysis of the country offices such as but not limited to funding status, spending, cashflow, and flag any potential risks etc;
- Review donor financial reports to make sure the reports are in compliance to donor reporting formats and timely submitted as per contractual requirements.
- Preparation of internal financial reports to be shared with regional and HQ management;
- Providing technical capacity and support as requested by the field offices;
- Review Cash requests from field offices. Follow-up with field offices on the reviews provided by the consolidation unit related to the field office accounts.
- Quarterly review of analytical package, and giving response to the countries and RFD on areas of risk.
- Monthly reviews of the financial health of the region; review the FMO1 report and identify anomalies and issues to be raised to Senior Management Team.
Regional Finance Support
- Respond to ad hoc requests from the region country offices or regional staff as prioritized by the Senior Management for decision making;
- Proactively identify potential risks and share with the RFD; Provide responses to Internal/External Audit closure and follow up of the developed corrective action plan;
- Perform the final financial review of the proposal budgets and subsequent realignment prior to approval and submission to the donors;
- Compile approved waivers (cost allocations exemptions) and track expenses charged to U4999 subsidy.
- Serve as an Integra Super user
- Maintain a filing system for all relevant documentation relating to supported Country Offices (including all waivers, checklists, FM01 and analyses, budgets, financial reports approvals, and any other relevant financial document etc.).
- Support the RFD in Implementing planned training of budget holders/project managers/partners of IRC in financial management procedures and tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Master’s Degree, CPA or CA a plus.
- Proficient in the working languages used in the Region (English, French, Arabic, Spanish, etc);
- Minimum 3 to 5 years progressive budgeting/finance experience; proven knowledge in complex financial analysis and expertise working on budgets preferred;
- Proven familiarity with GAAP and shown general knowledge of Fund Accounting;
- Computer and other technical skills: Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and all MS Office applications; basic knowledge of SQL; experience with cloud-based planning tools, PowerBI and ERP systems (D365) is desirable.
- Self- starter with excellent analytical skills combined with the substantiated ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and handle time effectively.
- Should be able to function comfortably in a complex multicultural work environment, under pressure whilst prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Shown ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment and continuously adapt to new challenges and dynamic priorities, while maintaining professional perseverance and a sense of humor
- Travel is necessary to meet clients, perform orientations, and hold trainings.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.
How to apply