The International Rescue Committee (IRC) helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities that support them, as well as with those who remain within their homes and communities. At-work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Regional Admin Manager is responsible for a wide range of administrative, and support services for the Great Lakes Regional Team. The Regional Admin Manager will maintain excellent management and communications systems to enable the team to perform at the highest possible levels. The position reports to the Regional Vice President (RVP) and a dotted line to the IHUB Administrative Responsible and works closely with Regional Senior Management Team (RSMT).
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide support to the Regional Vice President inclusive of managing the calendar, providing support in email management, managing travel and tracking key initiatives.
• Provide a full range of administrative and operational support to SMT, inclusive of preparing payment requests, travel reimbursements, support to organizing visas and accommodation, managing leave trackers, etc.
• Coordinate regional and inter-departmental meetings inclusive of setting agendas, taking notes, and following up on action plans as required. When needed, organize all logistical management for workshops/meetings
• In coordination with the HR Department, provide support in initiating new recruitment and complete necessary steps i.e., RRF, Job description…
Event Planning and Delivery
• Maintain a Regional Calendar of events – both external and internal.
• Assist with the preparation and execution of engagements and events run by IRC in the region if required.
• Organize and execute regional conferences and workshops as assigned, inclusive of proposing suitable dates, times, venues, travel, catering and reconciliation of expenses against approved budgets.
• Capture key takeaways from events and follow up on action items.
• Support in the preparation of internal communication as requested by Regional Vice President and Regional Management Team
• Maintain regional knowledge management systems, in particular to establish procedure and routines to assure consistent and regular usage of shared regional Box folders.
• Keep up to date the RescueNet Great Lake and filled with useful information.
• Connect and coordinate with regional management team and extend support in day-to-day work.
• Identify gaps and manage systems/ process improvement to enhance the efficiency of regional inter-departmental work.
• Under the direction of the Regional Vice President, assist with other departmental needs and specific projects
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Regional Vice President
Position directly supervises: N/A Other Internal and/or external contacts:
– Great Lakes Regional Vice President and all Regional Functional Directors and Technical Advisors
– Country Programs Teams: Country Directors and Senior Management Teams
– Contact with relevant HQ & Global Staff
– IHUB Administration Team
INGO Counterparts, Donors, Governmental & official entities.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any related field.
Work Experience: 4 to 5 years of experience in a similar role, preferably working in INGO environment.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Good understanding of operations, including operational challenges faced in the countries.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills: demonstrated ability to work effectively across and within a large, complex non-profit organization, both laterally and vertically, and diplomatically communicate with a variety of people in a multi-cultural environment.
• Excellent organizational skills: the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment and efficiently organize the workflow of a fast-paced team.
• Proven attention to details: the ability to track and process multiple details simultaneously and accurately.
• Strong visual skills: the ability to assist with preparation of charts and graphs in Excel and PowerPoint.
• Flexible work attitude: the ability to work productively in a team environment and independently.
• Trustworthy with an ability in maintaining confidential information.
• Solid writing and editing skills: the ability to draft and edit professional documents and correspondence in English and French.
• Strong computer skills: ability to work effectively and accurately with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and to adapt to new applications.
Language Skills: French and English language proficiency is a must. Knowledge of other regional languages is an added advantage.
Working Environment: The position is based in Kenya with standard office work environment. Hybrid/flexible working is possible.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others
Diversity, Inclusion and Gender Equality: IRC acknowledges and honors the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status or disability any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
•IRC particularly welcomes applications from refugees, diaspora or those with lived experience from the region. IRC is also committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits.
• We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
• CVs to be submitted in English or French.