The Coca-Cola Company, which is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, is an American multinational beverage corporation, and manufacturer, retailer, and marketer of nonalcoholic beverage concentrates and syrups.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Implement Business Strategic Priorities
- Applying organizational understanding to drive a Quality Culture
- Ensure that Quality Management Systems are implemented in the laboratory and related quality processes
- Ensure that quality objectives are measured as identified in goals and objective documentation
- Ensure Product and Package Quality Meets Legal, Internal and TCCC Requirements
Maintenance of the Quality system and ensure CCBA and TCCC standards are met.
- 4-hourly Quality testing verifications on all 30 minutes and hourly test frequencies. Daily verification of 4 hourly tests.
- Interpretation of SPC data and ensuring that the teams understand the SPC measures and can analyse the data
- Inspection and release of Isolations
- Sanitation Matrix review and monitoring of matrix compliance
- Daily Data review, with interest in recorded data trends, amount of out of control and out of spec data points.
- Reviewing Infinity events for correct logging of comments and reasons
- Data integrity: Ensure lab equipment connectivity to Infinity both in lab and on the line
- Review is all out of spec data is isolated and if required RCA documentation has been received from the line team
- Responsible for Carbonation retention studies
- Drive Quality Improvement in Manufacturing and Supporting Processes
Calibration and Verification of Cobrix
- Managing the non-conforming product program – Retest of isolations and making decisions about release and destructions. Ensuring that non-conforming product program is applied in all areas in syrup room, production and warehouse. Verify that isolated products are not available for stock picking.
- Checks meeting boards to ensure that the data is correctly updated and that the correct KPI’s are measured at level 1 meetings relevant to the team.
- Review quality of RCA documentation and support teams in problem solving.
- Attend production team meetings on a scheduled basis at least meeting per line per week
- Review simple syrup, final syrup manufacturing and release processes
- Review water treatment process, result and waste water treatment process and results.
- Provide Training and Coaching of the following as a minimum
- Quality Process and System Coaching
- Quality test procedures and rationale behind tests
- Quality standards
- SPC training
- Process control coaching
- Engage with Internal Customers to Develop Partnerships and Capability
- Manage the Laboratory
Skills, Experience & Education
- Minimum requirement: Higher National Diploma in Food Science, Food Technology or equivalent.
- Added advantage: Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Quality Controller. Good process knowledge preferably in a bottling environment.