TERMS OF REFERENCE: PROVISION OF CONSULTANCY SERVICE ON ENDLINE ASSESSMENT OF HUNGER RESPONSE PROJECT (HUREP) IN KENYA AND SOMALIA
PROJECT: HUNGER RESPONSE: PROTECTING LIFE AND DIGNITY IN SOMALIA & KENYA.
LOCATION: EAST AFRICA REGIONAL OFFICE- NAIROBI.
DURATION: 30 DAYS
ADVERT OPEN FROM: 17TH JAN 2023 TO 23RD JAN 2022 AT 1400HRS
Overview of Islamic Relief
Islamic Relief is an international aid and development charity, which aims to alleviate the suffering of the world’s poorest people. It is an independent Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in the UK in 1984. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for the three billion people still living in poverty. As well as responding to disasters and emergencies, Islamic Relief promotes sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities – regardless of race, religion, or gender.
At the international level, Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) has consultative status with the UN Economic and Social Council and is a signatory to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Code of Conduct. IRW is committed to the Sustainable Development Goals (SGDs) through raising awareness of the issues that affect poor communities and through its work on the ground. Islamic Relief is a member of the Disasters Emergency Committee and is certified by CHS.
IRW endeavors to work closely with local communities, focusing on capacity-building and empowerment to help them achieve development without dependency.
IRW has a commitment to standards which ascribe to program quality and improved programming. This obliges us to conduct an end line assessment for the HUREP-GAC project in the 2 countries we work in and in the specific areas of the project interventions. The overall objective of the end-line assessment is to measure and provide information on project performance against the plan/result framework on the three project components i.e., Food security/Livelihoods, (cash interventions), WASH and Protection. The end-line assessment report will identify best practices and key lessons, and program management approach to facilitate continued learning and improvement of East Africa Regional Office humanitarian emergency response.
The HUREP-GAC project implemented WASH & Food Security/Livelihood interventions for 6 months in response to the ongoing drought. Food security was supported through the provision of unconditional cash transfers. For Kenya, WASH support included water trucking and the distribution of water purification tablets, while in Somalia, WASH support focused on access to safe water through a combination of water trucking, pipeline extensions and/or water source rehabilitation, and the distribution of water purification tablets. In addition, as WASH is an entry point to discussions on gender and protection, IR Somalia provided messaging on the prevention and mitigation of GBV as well as supporting the training of community protection structures
Desired Qualifications and abilities
- A minimum master’s degree in social sciences, Statistics, M&E or relevant field.
- At least 10 years’ experience undertaking end line evaluations and/or assessment for Food security, livelihoods, and Cash transfers programs
- Must have led at least two to three similar/assignments in the past 4 years
- Proven skills in research, monitoring, and evaluation
- Proven experience in conducting qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods evaluation studies
- Computer proficiency with good knowledge of MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SPSS desirable.
- Experienced in undertaking baselines/evaluations in the Horn of Africa any country will be an added advantage especially in Somalia and Northern Kenya context
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team.
- Excellent conflict sensitive approaches and able to work in highly sensitive environments
How to apply
Interested applicants to request for the TOR/tender dossier via firstname.lastname@example.org . This advert is open from 17th Jan 2023 to 23rd Jan 2022 at 1400hrs