Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI). For 50 years we’ve been striving to make it easier for people around the world to lead healthy lives and plan the families they desire by making quality health products, services and information more affordable and accessible. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the centre, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare. There are over 6,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do. For more information, please visit www.psi.org
The Digital Health and Monitoring Department is looking for a Digital Health Instructional Design Consultant with the skills and experience to support the design and delivery of PSI’s eLearning content. The Digital Health Instructional Design Consultant is responsible for designing and developing multi-pronged learning content that enhances the retention, transfer, and application of knowledge, skills, and attitudes of health workforce. The successful candidate will work closely with multiple global teams to create and maintain engaging mobile training content on Public Health, activities, exercises and resources to ensure a consistent and exceptional experience for the learners and sustained adoption. This is in addition to keeping up with training and learning industry trends, best practices, new technologies, and emerging innovations that PSI can leverage for improved learning outcomes.
Sounds interesting? Read on!
The Digital Health Instructional Design consultant is required to support development of eLearning courses. Specifically, the Digital Health Instructional Design consultant is expected to support the PSI’s eLearning team in: i) identifying learners’ needs to develop mobile learning content that meet their needs, ii) developing storyboards from initial learning content provided by country teams and/or Ministries of Health, iii) reviewing storyboards with program managers and country teams to incorporate feedback, iv) developing eLearning courses as SCORM files or Moodle-based courses to make them accessible to learners, v) incorporating feedback and inputs from country teams and/or Ministries of Health, and (vi) supporting launching and engagement of learners in the eLearning courses. The Digital Health Instructional Design consultant is expected to make eLearning courses available in PSI’s Moodle-based eLearning platform Kassai.org (https://kassai.org).
The Digital Health Instructional Design consultant:
- Conducts training needs analysis to determine learning and performance needs and recommends methods for delivery such as instructor-led, eLearning, bite-size learning, mobile learning (mLearning), blended learning or other considering the audience, program needs, and requirements,
- Designs and develops learning approaches, training materials and media including course outlines, storyboards, facilitator guides, participant guides, job aids and other content resources,
- Converts existing curricula (manuals, videos, guides, etc) into engaging eLearning courses with innovative interactions, such as quizzes, gamification and scenario-based learning focusing on user experience,
- Routinely reviews and modifies training curriculum, as appropriate, based upon quality, performance and satisfaction metrics to ensure accuracy, relevance, and effectiveness,
- Establishes training standards and ensures all material is consistent and aligned with learning and proven instructional design principles,
- Monitors emerging technologies, training and development trends and standards and makes recommendations for adoption,
- Works collaboratively with team members, including project managers, subject matter experts, and Moodle developers.
Deliverables of this consultancy includes:
- eLearning courses designed as storyboards including modules, text, images, narrations and voice-over scripts. If relevant, include quizzes, videos/animations and practical activities,
- Relevant components of eLearning courses added as pre-test, post-tests by module, final post-test, certificate of completion and accomplishment, feedback survey. Each eLearning course is complemented by reference materials (i.e., job-aids, manuals, etc.) provided by PSI and/or Ministries of Health,
- User Acceptance Testing conducted for the eLearning courses developed with a pool of target users and courses are refined based on users’ feedback,
- Final version of eLearning courses developed as SCORM files or Moodle-based. This includes multi-language versions of the eLearning courses where relevant – translations will be provided,
- eLearning courses launched with a sample of learners and enrollment and engagement approaches are in place.
Interested candidates are required to submit the following documentation:
- Individual profile / Company profile with details regarding years of experience, technical expertise, and previous relevant work,
- Technical and financial proposal to develop an eLearning course as SCORM file for health providers in eSwatini to teach how to properly use male condoms with adolescents and youth. The financial proposal submitted should be inclusive of all taxes. Please note Government of Kenya tax laws will apply.
- Statutory documents, namely PIN, ID and Tax compliance
What are we looking for?
- Degree in a related field such as public health, education, instructional design, organizational psychology
- Knowledge of behavior change with emotional intelligence
- 2-3 years’ experience in training and development
- Knowledge and experience with eLearning and mLearning tools and platforms, including in-depth proficiency in MS PowerPoint, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, or other video development tools is required
- Previous experience with Moodle or other Learning Management Software is required
- Previous experience with Public Health related content is a must
- Excellent cross-cultural, interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Proficiency in French, Spanish, Portuguese or any other language
How to apply
- Status: 12-month consultancy contract with the possibility of renewal
- This position is contingent upon funding
- Interested applicants can submit their questions to firstname.lastname@example.org before January 31st, 2023. PSI will provide consolidated answers to questions by February 3rd, 2023 and candidates should submit their requirements by Feb 10th, 2023 COB Nairobi time to email@example.com. Subject: Digital Health Instructional Design Consultant
- Applications will be screened on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified.
- PSI will not sponsor work permits.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.