Scope of work & Objectives:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. Today in over 49 countries and 35 U.S. cities, we strive to improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education, and power.
Earlier in 2022, we launched our first ever global IRC People Survey to learn more about who we are as a team and how we can better promote diversity, equality, and inclusion at the IRC. We polled our then nearly 17,000 staff with a goal of understanding their experience of the IRC. The results from the survey will ultimately help us continue to build a better IRC for all our staff. After hearing back from 75% of our workforce and producing a global report with 140+ department specific reports, we are now moving to the next phase of the survey: sharing out our initial observations and data across our diverse teams so that we can put these results into action. We are seeking a Project Manager to lead this Action Planning Phase and collaborate with the survey team, as well as senior leaders across the IRC, to drive change and impact at different levels.
- Provide project management support to the People Survey team.
- Personally drive project delivery, problem solve issues including applying a “roll up the sleeves and fix it” demeanor.
- Lead the project effort in the continued execution of the global road map and recommended road maps for regional, country and departmental results review, prioritization, action steps and accountability in collaboration with Survey sponsors and key partners.
- Collaborate with Senior officer GEDI to ensure alignment with existing GEDI frameworks and related initiatives.
- Use established criteria and tools to effectively and efficiently facilitate and report against program execution with measurable results.
- Facilitate effective collaboration of project contributors across partner functions in order to deliver efficient and timely project delivery.
- Integrate and manage the program timeline by identifying all project internal & external interdependencies.
- Develop and present to People survey project sponsors progress against the overall action plan.
- Develop and maintain a RACI model that can be used in subsequent phases.
- Perform risk and issue management at the program level: Collaborate with all project leadership to identify risks and issues that are not visible at the task level but impact the overall project or broader program/portfolio.
- Collaborate with other departments or field office locations when necessary to coordinate local action.
- Document internal interviews, focus groups and stakeholder engagement.
- Coordinate invites and logistics for hosted webinars or meetings.
- If multi-lingual; provide French, Arabic or Spanish language support by drafting text or reviewing translations.
Coordinate communication strategy for the planning phase.
Collaborate with communication team to develop and deliver the global staff communications and cascade dates, intended outcomes, etc.
Act as a gate keeper for all new content being developed and ensure consistency among the different tools/materials produced.
Supervise the implementation of the “Action Plan Template” and in partnership with Data Excellence ensure that data is visualized and used for decision making per the action planning principles.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent project management and organizational skills including creation of detailed work plans and superior time management
- A commitment to IRC’s mission, vision, values, and IRC Way – Professional Code of Conduct
- “Client-first” mentality: ability to listen and understand the needs of office, units and country teams and incorporate them into the processes, tools, approached that are developed
- Ability to develop insight and well-supported opinions based on varying feedback from wide range of stakeholders and independent research
- Ability to deliver high quality work on schedule
- Solid written and verbal communication
- Ability to anticipate and assess situations accurately and recommend/implement effective courses of action required.
- Highly collaborative, inclusive, consultative, and resourceful work style
- Outstanding interpersonal, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a highly matrixed and sophisticated agency organizational structure and to adapt to shifting priorities
- Exceptional discretion and confidentiality in dealing with critical material
- Excellent judgment, tact, initiative, creativity, critical thinking, problem solving, and self-motivation.
- Strong skills in MS Office; Internet Research; Collaboration Platforms such as MS Teams and Zoom
- Knowledge of spoken and written French, Arabic or Spanish a strong plus
Diversity, Inclusion and Gender Equality: IRC acknowledges and honors the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other protected characteristics. IRC is also committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to be part of our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits.
Professional Standards: IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Global Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, IRC operates and carries out policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Workplace Harassment, Respect at Work Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity:
IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.