LM International is looking for a passionate individual for our regional program in East Central South Africa who has the competencies and excitement to work as the Regional Program Manager, taking the lead in enhancing quality implementation and program development to achieve breakthrough solutions within resilience, climate change, health care (with a priority on SRHR and GBV) and triple nexus bringing immediate and lasting change in the lives of the women, men, and children we serve. The ECSA region support the work through Country Offices and partner organisations in Burundi, DR Congo, Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania, and Uganda.
Special attention to this position:
- This position is contingent on the candidate’s ability to secure permission to work in Kenya.
- Qualified female candidates and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Manage program development and operations as well as grant acquisition.
- Oversee the MEAL System to maintain overview on the progress of all projects in the region and take lead on single (project evaluation) and double loop (strategic evaluation) learning.
- Networking with key stakeholders such as funding partners, government, academia, INGOs and NNGOS, support the establishment of consortia for joint donor applications, ensure implementing partners are assessed and capacity development plans are in place.
- Ensure the Country Programs comply with internal and external quality standards, procedures, guidelines, regulations, and reporting deadlines.
- Identify funding opportunities, take lead on developing grant proposals in cooperation with the country teams and the Global Office.
- Take lead on the adaptation of climate change resilience and Human Rights Based Approach (HRBA) in health (with a priority to SRHR and GBV) in the country programs.
Qualification and Experience:
- Excited to work with a faith-based organisation with Christian values.
- Highly Prefer: Master’s Degree and at least 4-years’ experience at the level of a program
manager responsible for multi-sector integrated relief and development program is desired.
- Minimum qualification: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field with six years’ Program Manager or related senior-level field management experience in a multi-sector, multi-funded relief, and development programs; including experience with a Con- tractor or international NGO.
- Familiarity and experience working with SIDA, DANIDA, EU, ECHO, UNICEF and
- Previous experience living and working in conflict/transition and/or humanitarian crisis environments, preferably an African country, and proven experience in supervising complex, high-speed, and challenging operations in developing countries.
- Starting date: As soon as possible.
- Based in Nairobi with up to 40% time spent on travelling.
- Strong skills in managing a diverse team, including hiring, supervising, and training national personnel.
- Extensive experience with program development, implementation, and comprehensive monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning.
- Financial management experience, including budgeting, reporting, and procurement.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory whereas the same in French is desirable.
- Extensive experience in writing and reviewing grant proposals and reports is highly required.
- High proficiency in computer programs such as Office365 including Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, and mobile apps.
- Duration of commitment: Minimum 2 years with a 3 months’ probation period and the possibility of extension.
How to apply
Submission of Application:
- All applications should be submitted electronically to email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the position kindly email Regional Director Maria Bard at email@example.com
- Please use reference code ‘Regional Programme Manager ECSA’ in the email subject line.
- Please provide the following when applying for this post: 1) Cover letter explaining your motivation for seeking this position and your experience from similar organizations; 2) Curriculum Vitae (CV) that contains details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current renumeration, contact details and names of the three references.
- Closing date: 17th of February
- LM International does not refund any expenses in connection with interviews.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- To learn more about LM International kindly go to www.lminternational.or
LM International is a non-profit faith-based global Swedish foundation working for sustainable poverty alleviation from a human rights perspective. We are committed to drive transformative and innovative change in the thematic areas of economic empowerment and accountability, health, education, and WASH.
LM International operates in about 25 countries and 4 regions (Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Middle East) with a focus on fragile states and triple nexus contexts.
Since 1958, the foundation has built up enduring local, national, regional, and global partnerships around the world. Our vision is “Dignified Life – Sustainable World” and our mission is to “to save lives and empower people”.
International Aid Services (IAS) merged with LM International on 1 January 2019.
Welcome to a key role in an organization where everyone, regardless of function, contributes to LM International’s Vision: Dignified life – Sustainable world.