The Patient Journey Partner (PJP) is at the center of the new Roche organization, turning upside down the role we play in society – from mostly offering world-class medicines towards much more partnering, innovating and leading generative disruption. By doing so the PJP will be directly accountable to deliver better outcomes for patients, their community, the ecosystem and the organisation, faster.
The PJP is an empowered leader and the local face of Roche. She or he partners closely with all stakeholders directly touching the patient journey (in a given therapeutic or disease area), gaining a deep understanding of their needs in order to connect Roche’s capabilities to co-create meaningful solutions.
This role is locally embedded in the ecosystem, it is an integrated role, functionally agnostic, (i.e. it does not fit into the traditional concepts of Commercial/Sales or Medical Affairs). It has no profitability, sales objectives or incentives.
The PJP is a customer facing role within the affiliate, who has decision making authority to request resources of Roche (both within the affiliate and broader network) in order to have improved impact on the patient journey,
- The PJP focuses on the importance of bringing the outside in, working with partners to uncover all potential opportunities to transform outcomes for patients, faster. They also bring the inside out, to bring Roche expertise, science and knowledge to the ecosystem.
- Acts as trusted partner and is the primary (but non-exclusive) point of contact between stakeholders and Roche; the PJP shares the patient and stakeholder community needs internally, prioritizes and secures resources, and drives solutions that deliver outcomes faster.
- Partners with patient journey stakeholders to remove roadblocks and unlock possibilities to deliver value for patients and the community.
- Stewards Roche’s products through their lifecycle and supports their appropriate use, which includes sharing their merits with HCPs in a truthful and balanced manner.
- By overseeing the patient journey in its entirety, the PJP acts as a system thinker with the ability to identify shared purpose among stakeholders and leverages this to co-create solutions with stakeholders in the ecosystem.
- The role is empowered to pull in expertise and resources locally and from the network as needed, including in collaboration with other PJPs and Health System Partners.
- Ensuring great experiences whenever stakeholders in the ecosystem engage with Roche employees, products and services.
You, as an ideal candidate, will have the following skills, experience and education:
- Required Qualification: University degree (scientific, economic, or business degree). An advanced degree in Life science and/or MBA is a plus.
- Required Experience: Experience in leading cross-functional teams is highly desired and experience in both formulating cross-functional strategies and orchestrating cross-functional teams is highly desired. Strong business acumen with desired expertise in commercialization, medical and customer experience excellence. Ability to understand and leverage digital means and tools is desired.
- Other Requirements: Practical understanding of digital innovation methodologies, education in health policy.
- Essential Knowledge: Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken.