The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is a leading Africa-based, African-led, international research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. APHRC conducts policy-relevant research on population, health, education, urbanization, and related development issues in sub-Saharan Africa.
APHRC seeks to recruit a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to support the implementation of the M&E framework for various projects within Research and Related Capacity Strengthening Division.
The M&E Officer will play a critical role in ensuring that data collected is accurate, complete and timely, and that it is used to inform programmatic decisions and improve performance:
- Assisting in the development of project M&E plans, including identifying project indicators, setting targets, and establishing data collection and analysis methods;
- Leading design of data collection tools and collecting data from various sources, including project staff, partners and beneficiaries, to track the progress of the project;
- Entering data into databases and maintaining the accuracy and completeness of project data;
- Assist in analyzing project data to identify trends, patterns and insights, and presenting findings to the M&E team and project stakeholders;
- Assist in preparing and submitting reports on project progress, impact and outcomes, and sharing these reports with project stakeholders;
- Assist in drafting indicator definitions to ensure that project M&E activities are conducted in accordance with established standards and procedures;
- Providing support to project teams in the implementation of M&E activities, including facilitating data collection and supporting data analysis;
- Collaborating with other members of the M&E team, project managers, and other stakeholders to ensure that project M&E activities are aligned with project goals and objectives;
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of project M&E processes and procedures to ensure that they are efficient, effective and responsive to project needs; and
- Perform any other tasks required to advance the projects’ and the division’s M& E agenda.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Demography, Development Studies, Project Management, or a related field.
- At least two years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, with experience in formulation of M&E frameworks, tracking project milestones, data collection and analysis.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data analysis software such as Stata or SPSS.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
This position is classified under Nationally Recruited Positions (NRP), Grade VI in our scales.
How to apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply through our recruitment portal https://aphrc.org/vacancies/by March 17, 2023.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; shortlisted candidates will be required to have a Police Clearance Certificate. Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P. O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of vulnerable persons