Purpose of the position
AKF is seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic, and fast learner individual to ensure data is effectively collected and used to improve the quality of programming and influence for AKF education programming. The Assistant will support in ensuring data quality, conducting real-time data analysis, routine program monitoring and program data management. S/he will ensure that data is used by teams to improve programme implementation as well as support teachers and educational leaders to improve their understanding on the use of data to drive pedagogical and education system improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Work closely with the AKF education team to manage real-time data collection, data entry, and analysis, manage program data and provide feedback to key partners.
- Work closely with the MERL and Program Team to build on the institutional learning agenda.
- Provide school-based and/or site-based support to enable teachers, school leaders, and partner staff to effectively collect, analyze, and use data to improve pedagogical practice and schools.
- Support the internal professional development of staff to enable effective utilization of AKF data platforms to be implemented across all AKF education programmes.
- Integrate new knowledge into programme implementation for programming.
- Propose, develop, and/or adapt data maintenance software and resources for use.
- Engage key partners on data needs to ensure effective collection and management of data.
- Work closely with the MERL team to continuously support the M&E functions for Education Improvement Program (EIP) and other core thematic areas.
Key qualifications and experience
- Relevant undergraduate qualifications including, Statistics, Economics, Social studies, Computer Science, Demography, Geography, or M&E
- The ability to design Data Collection Tools, Sampling Methods, and Quantitative/Qualitative Data Analysis is required.
- 2 years of practical experience in a similar field
- Knowledge of online and offline, open-source data collection tools and approaches, database environment, and/or project management software.
- Experience working in ICT-enabled data management systems is an added advantage.
Relevant experience working in education programming and international development is an added advantage.
How to apply
Please use the below link to apply
Applicationswill be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AKF is committed to advancing gender equality and inclusion through our programming and operations. AKF requires all employees to review and abide by the AKF Gender Equality Policy.
AKF recognizes the importance of safeguarding and is committed to ensuring it manages a wide range of risks such that beneficiaries, staff, other associates, and the organization are kept safe from harm.
To learn more about us, please visit www.akdn.org