Feed the Children IT Project Manager.
Established in 1979, Feed the Children exists to defeat childhood hunger. It is one of the largest U.S.-based charities and serves those in need in the U.S. and in 8 countries around the world. It provides food, education initiatives, essentials, and disaster response. Feed the Children’s Information, Communications, and Technology is supported from offices in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (United States) and Nairobi, Kenya (Africa).
Feed the Children’s office in Kenya is looking for an experienced Project Manager to join the IT team in the Nairobi Hub. The Project Manager will report directly to the Senior Director of International IT Operations.
Essential Job Functions
- Setting team project goals and coming up with plans to meet them.
- Maintaining project timeframes, budgeting estimates and status reports.
- Managing resources for projects, such as IT Infrastructure and employees (Including Consultants).
- Coordinating project team members and developing schedules and individual responsibilities
- Implementing IT strategies that deliver projects on schedule and within budget
- Using project management tools to track project performance and schedule adherence
- Conducting risk assessments for projects
- Organizing meetings to discuss project goals and progress
- Communicating project status with team members and colleagues from other departments
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related information technology field, or equivalent training and experience related to IT Project Management. An advanced degree in a related field would be an added advantage.
- Post Graduate Training – Project Management Professional (PMP) or PRINCE2.
- 5+ years in a similar role within a busy environment.
- Project management and leadership skills for managing projects and the teams involved with them.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to coordinate with team members and management and explain technical issues
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to handle any issues that occur during project completion.
- Organization and time management skills to keep projects on track and within budget
- Excellent resource planning and task scheduling skills
- Advanced computer skills and in-depth knowledge of different operating systems, network administration and service desk administration.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and use hands and fingers. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Works in a normal office environment where there are few physical discomforts associated with changes in the weather or noise, dust, dirt, and the like.
- The incumbent’s working conditions are typically moderately quiet