Career with BRAC International
BRAC International is a leading non-profit organisation with a mission to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease, and social injustice. Founded in 1972, by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed, BRAC is the largest non-governmental development organisation in the world, and is present in 15 countries across Asia and Africa today. BRAC designs proven, scalable solutions that equip people with the support and confidence they need to achieve their potential. BRAC’s institutional expertise on various programmes, including health, agriculture, microfinance, education, and youth empowerment, is touching the lives of over 100 million people in the Global South.
BRAC International Holdings B.V. (BIHBV) was set up in 2010 as a private limited liability company under the laws of the Netherlands and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Stichting BRAC International. BIHBV is a socially responsible for-profit organisation, engaging people in sustainable economic and income-generating activities. The core focus of BIHBV is to provide microfinance services to people, particularly women, living in poverty in rural and hard-to-reach areas to build their financial resilience and improve the quality of life for them and their families.
BRAC has been one of the pioneers of microfinance since it first started in 1974. BRAC first expanded its microfinance operations internationally in 2002 and now operates in six countries outside of Bangladesh – Myanmar, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Sierra Leone and Liberia. Together, these six entities serve more than 750,000 clients, 96% of whom are women.
BRAC International Microfinance’s mission is to provide a range of financial services responsibly to people at the bottom of the pyramid. It particularly focuses on women living in poverty in rural and hard-to-reach areas, to create self-employment opportunities, build financial resilience, and harness women’s entrepreneurial spirit by empowering them economically.
BRAC International Microfinance is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
Associate, Knowledge Management, BRAC International
The Associate, Knowledge Management will support the Manager, Knowledge Management and Partnerships in strengthening learning across BRAC International Holdings BV (BIHBV) portfolio, providing assistance to country microfinance entities in knowledge generation, management, application and evaluation of knowledge resources, and timely dissemination of learning.
The individual will work closely with country microfinance staff across BI, particularly with country business development leads and knowledge champions.
- Support the annual learning organisation survey in collaboration with knowledge management coordinators in countries. Analyse the data, and prepare and update the annual knowledge agenda for each with insights from the survey.
- Prepare learning action plans for BI MF HO and entities, support development of and follow up on activities. Create a calendar of internal and external knowledge/learning events and engagements.
- Manage, catalogue and maintain new and old resources and information in a knowledge hub/repository. Prepare guidelines for country staff on the use of and contribution to the platform. Provide troubleshooting support to BI MF staff. Conduct perception surveys on the Hub’s relevance to BI MF staff, check analytics, engagement metrics, activity level, etc.
- Design appropriate survey and/or research plans and instruments for pilot monitoring and review exercises, ensure quality control of data and proper data management, and support countries in the analysis and synthesis of findings. Assist countries in developing product monitoring and review reports for sharing nuanced findings in an accessible format
- Work closely with the communications team to support country teams in developing marketing materials, knowledge pieces and guidelines for scaling new products. Co-organise organisation-wide events for management and strategic planning, internal and external knowledge sharing.
- Work closely with RIF, IT and Digital teams to ensure learning is captured synergistically and reporting is smooth and functional.
- Organise capacity-building and peer-learning opportunities for knowledge management coordinators across BI MF countries. Attend bi-weekly check-in calls with technical leads across BI MF countries and co-host quarterly peer group meetings and webinars, info sessions, etc., on knowledge, learning and adaptive management topics
- Maintain the database and track Key KPIs of ongoing pilots and projects
- Read, understand, practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, IT, Data Analytics or Development Studies
- Familiarity with the human-centred design process
- Demonstrated experience conducting individual-level qualitative interviews and fluency in quantitative research methods
- Demonstrated experience with project management
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills and leading data collection practices and the ability to work with quantitative and qualitative information
- Proficiency in data analysis and visualisation with Power BI or other applications
- Drive, flexibility, resilience, and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to effectively work remotely, across time zones and team locations, as well as in person with a small team of stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in ambiguous environments, with minimal structure
- Fluency in English required (spoken, reading, and written)
- Familiarity and experience with microfinance
- At least 1-3 years of experience in the development sector, preferably in microfinance.
Employment Type: Full time
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
How to apply
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at email@example.com
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the name of the position and AD# 10/23 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 25 March 2023
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedure include extensive background checks and disclosure of criminal records in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer