Reporting to the Director Medical Services and Research, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Managing and treating cancer patients in a multidisciplinary team in coordination with other oncology subspecialties and the other departmental staff throughout the entire course of cancer treatment.
- Implement clinical decisions for specialized quality inpatient and outpatient care that includes provision of promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative services;
- Conducting clinical duties in addition to basic administrative duties, such as maintaining records, coordinating with other medical personnel, to offer treatment to patients.
- Champion continuous quality healthcare standards and patient safety guidelines
- Implementing clinical review protocols procedures and work instructions for the practice of specialized care
- Writing prescriptions, providing specific cancer information to patients, monitoring treatment plans and improving patients’ quality of life.
- Caring for patients throughout the entire course of cancer treatment, from diagnosis to recovery or death.
- Ensure quality assurance is achieved on equipment, accessories and treatment plans to enhance patient safety
- Maintain accurate database of patient information and treatment plans.
- Active participation in Multi-Disciplinary Team meetings and able to consult widely with other sub specialties in Oncology for the best interest of the patient.
- Be research oriented and able to enhance evidence based practice
- Any other duty assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Clinical/Radiation Oncology.
- Specialist Recognition from Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council
- Valid registration and annual practice license
- Minimum experience (over 3 years)
- Sound diagnostic skills and judgment
- Valid license from Kenya Radiation Protection Board with prior experience of working with linear accelerators and simulation equipment
- Delivery of radiotherapy in a facility equipped with Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy, Prostate brachytherapy, Volumetric Arc Therapy and Radio-Iodine Treatment will be an added advantage
- Detail oriented
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good interpersonal relations
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (added advantage)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (added advantage)
- Peadiatric Advanced Life Support (added advantage)
- Proficiency in I.T. with regards to Oncology Information System and ability to practice in a paperless working environment.(added advantage)
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 2nd April, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks post application, please consider your application unsuccessful
Human Resources Manager
The Nairobi Hospital
P. O. Box 30026 – 00100