In this role, you will:
As a line manager overseeing research and evidence
- Be a leading external voice in the humanitarian sector articulating the latest thinking and developing research and evidence that pushes new boundaries of knowledge and best practice.
- Be accountable for identifying and delivering research products and lead the development of the Impact and Evidence strategy that enables the HLA to evolve its response to humanitarian needs and developments in the capacity strengthening ecosystem.
- Be responsible for strengthening and expanding the HLA’s reputation as a thought leader and influencer with global stakeholders, ensuring this is grounded on an effective approach to tracking and communicating the impact the team are achieving within the humanitarian and international development sector.
- Be responsible for fostering an improved understanding of and support for the use of evidence within HLA and the wider Save the Children movement, through advice, guidance, support, demonstration, and promotion of learning and ensure clear communications strategy for this.
- Develop and manage strategic research and evidence partnerships and strengthening existing networks.
- Be accountable for a robust and embedded data management platform and information systems to monitor and track internal insights, understand and learn from the impact of our work against our strategy.
As a member of the HLA’s Management Team
- Represent the Academy in public forums and contribute through wider thought leadership on strategic areas of this body of work, to include but not limited to advocating for the professionalisation of learning in the sector.
- Lead and manage a team of people and be accountable for supporting the development of skills and knowledge across the team and continue to embed a team culture and develop strong ways of working across the new team
To be successful, it is important that you have:
- Substantial experience in delivering Research and Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning projects within humanitarian, international development and/or learning sector.
- Strong evidenced complex project management experience including cross organisational or multi-stakeholder projects ensuring that targets are met within the timeframe and budget set
- Significant experience in a senior managerial position with experience of positive team management and of building a team
- Strong leadership and collaborative skills with a proven ability to work with colleagues to understand stakeholder needs, inspire others to support and deliver strategic tasks and secure cross-team engagement for delivery.
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of a range of methods for rigorous and ethical research, monitoring and evaluation. Experience of quantitative methods is an advantage.
- Experience of working on MEAL systems, policies, procedures and/ or tools beyond individual projects (e.g. at country/ regional/ organisational level).
- Commitment to Save the Children’s vision, mission and values.