Fixed-term contract for 12 months/Full-Time
The Global Learning and Development Senior Advisor will report to the Global Head of Human Resources
- Be subject matter expert for Learning & Development. Defining, Leading, and executing the CBM Global’s L&D strategy, contributing to a high-performance work culture and championing personal development.
- Increase the technical capacity of CBM Global’s Country Teams through the development and implementation of a Competency Framework.
- Develop Leadership Skills at all management levels in the Federation to create and support a culture of collaboration, continuous learning, high performance and trust.
- Establish the Learning and Development function strategy and road map for CBM Global.
Based: Local contract can be offered to those having the right to work and residency in the following countries: UK, Ireland, Germany, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Madagascar, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bolivia, Philippines, and Lao PDR.
Salary range: The salary offered will be competitive, dependent on skills and experience, as well as country of location. We offer a local contract
Responsibilities and Duties
- Partner with Managers to understand the training and development needs of their teams
- Define and implement CBM Global’s Competency Framework
- Design and deliver e-learning courses, workshops, and other trainings
- Collaborate with the management team to create career mapping and personal development plans for staff
- Define effective induction and onboarding programs
- Connect L&D to other areas of HR such as employee engagement, wellbeing, Diversity and Inclusion and performance development
- Oversee compliance and regulatory training as an L&D expert
- Negotiate best value with learning and development partners
- Assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities
- Oversee the general administration of the learning and development workstream, maintaining accurate records/databases and training reports
- Support the Global Head of HR with ongoing L&D projects & initiatives
Understands what safeguarding means for the teams / departments they manage and the work they do. Understands power imbalances and ways in which team/organisational culture may be reinforcing negative stereotypes and biases, and the impact of these dynamics on the vulnerable and marginalised.
Leads teams to develop the necessary skills and expertise to undertake their roles and responsibilities for safeguarding. Explicitly and visibly challenges power imbalances, inequalities, gender bias and discrimination in organisational systems and processes. Leads on organisational change within their teams to embed safeguarding in their work and processes. Develops indicators and frameworks for measuring how well teams are delivering on roles and responsibilities for safeguarding. Creates organisational mechanisms which strengthen accountability to communities, Members, and donors on safeguarding.
Holds teams accountable for delivering on safeguarding standards. Articulates and promotes the strategic importance of safeguarding in all aspects of the organisation’s work. Demonstrates leadership in ensuring that staff, programmes, and operations are safe for all programme participants, staff, and volunteers.
Key outcomes expected from this role
- Design and launch a leadership and management training programme
- Design and implement CBM Global’s Competency Framework
- Research, design, and evaluate innovative learning solutions and providers for CBM Global
- Support operational planning, recommending solutions to support the learning and development needs of the organisation
CBM Global welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and people with lived experience of disability.
Experience and knowledge
- It is an essential requirement for the role to have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a learning and development position in the NGO sector
- Experience defining and introducing learning and development frameworks
- Experience of supporting and developing programmes for upskilling colleagues
- Experience in management and soft skills training for a wide range of skill levels
- Experience of managing a learning management system, training need analysis, procuring training and feedback mechanisms
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices and experience with E-Learning roll out
- Have a variety of learning delivery approaches from 1:1 Coaching to group workshops and job-shadowing and virtual training
- Be a subject matter expert who brings expertise and best practice principles, being able to research and introduce innovative learning channels and platforms
- Have an eye for opportunity with creative ideas for designing training programmes
- Excellent communicator – able to interact with people of all roles and cultures in a confident, professional manner
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- High levels of flexibility and adaptability
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development) qualified in HR (Human Resources) and/or learning and development is desirable although relevant experience considered essential.
How to apply
More information about CBM Global Disability Inclusion can be found by visiting the CBM Global website: www.cbm-global.org
- Use this link: Job Openings (peoplehr.net)to apply
- Prepare your CV in English please, as you will need to upload it into our ATS system.
- Download and complete the Application Form in English please, as you will need to upload it into our ATS system.
- No email applications will be considered. If you have any problems with the system, please redirect them to our email address email@example.com with the following format: Family Name First Name: Global Learning & Development Senior Advisor, COUNTRY.