Job Title: Deputy Director of Programs, Monitoring and Evaluation
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Location: Nairobi with 50% travel to the project sites
Salary: Starting Salary of Kes 135,000 to 160,000 dependent on experience
Contract Details: One (1) Year Renewable Subject to Availability of Funds and satisfactory performance
The Deputy Director – will be focused primarily on program development and monitoring. The role will involve designing and implementing the programs’ monitoring and evaluation framework, providing technical support and guidance in monitoring and evaluating ongoing and new programmes within the organization.
Additionally, the deputy director will assist the Executive Director with organizational growth related to operations and funding as needed.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in the NGO sector and a willingness and passion for innovation and change. This role is a new position for the organization, therefore the ideal candidate will be comfortable developing the role through creativity, collaboration and self-led initiative.
- 5+ years experience in the NGO Sector
- 3+ years experience with grant writing/funding experience
- 2+ years experience in a supervisory role
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from accredited university
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assistant to the ED on matters related to operations as needed
- Ability to assist ED in development and maintenance of stakeholder relationships which can be of benefit to the program
- Grant writing and reporting for organization funding together with the ED
- Oversight of program development and implementation
- Program growth and development, ensuring the programs have maximum impact on beneficiaries
- Supervision of program leads and program assistants
- Budget development and review for program budgets
Program Development and Monitoring including provision of M&E related Technical Support
- Develop Project Monitoring Plan (PMP) of the projects in consultation with the Executive Director and the program leads.
- Prepare monitoring tools in accordance with programs and organization performance indicators and other field surveys.
- Support in coordinating and conducting program’s evaluations and assessments.
- Program beneficiary database management
- Compiling, analyzing and reporting data for key programmatic outputs and outcomes indicators.
- Building capacity of the programme teams on Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E).
- Validate and verify core indicators against the different sources of information.
- Ensure timely provision of data for monthly, quarterly and annual donor reports based on agreed performance indicators.
- Work closely with the Communications team to support dissemination of lessons learned and programme achievements.
Oversight and Quality Assurance
- Work with the programme team to coordinate project review meetings.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits and provide feedback to relevant sector leads.
- Support in monitoring the implementation of field activities according to work plans.
- Document/support documentation of best practices across all sectors in the programme area.
- Produce quarterly indicators monitoring reports and share results of projects’ quality performance based on monitoring data findings.
- Develop and support the program teams on using the Programme Toolkit.
- Monitor programme related activities including trainings for quality and adherence to Light Up Hope’s SOPs.
- Act as supervisor for field data collectors engaged on short term basis for field data collection.
Capacity Building, Collaboration and Learning
- Training of programme staff, enumerators and any government officials engaged in Light Up Hope’s programmes on MEL processes and mechanisms.
- Manage and regularly update a repository of all programme reports, surveys for field level programmes.
- In close collaboration with the Executive Director and the Program Leads, lead in the development of key findings and lessons learnt from the implementation of various program activities.
Light Up Hope Code of Conduct and Associated Policies
- Adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in Light Up Hope’s Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
- Support and promote the standards outlined in the Light Up Hope’s Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies to the various stakeholders.
- Promote and ensure compliance with the organizations’ policies, guidelines and quality criteria.
- Ensure that all staff are familiar with the principles underpinning accountability and quality standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in development or management studies, Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation, Economics, Social Sciences or Equivalent.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in the field of Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (2) years of which should be in a donor funded environment.
- Experience of using online tools, data collection and managing/creating dashboards.
- Experience in coordinating and conducting M&E for Education programmes is desired.
- Strong skills in information management.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Proven competency in ethical principles of research and survey design and data analysis.
- Excellent report writing, Training of Trainers (ToT), networking and coordination skills
- Proficient in the use of computer applications.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
How to apply
If you feel that you meet the above criteria, kindly apply through the organizations website www.lightuphope.org.
If experience challenges in the application process, kindly reach us through firstname.lastname@example.org