Contract duration: Fixed
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Starting Date: Feb 2023
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. Their 3,300 staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
- Ensures proper physical and digital archiving of the finance department
- Accurate bookkeeping of ACTED’s financial operations
- Compliance of ACTED finance documents
- Checking the finance documentation (expenses, advances …. )
- Proper physical and digital archiving of the finance documentation
- Assist from time to time in reviewing field finance vouchers.
- Assisting in updating the cash books of the Nairobi office
- Preparing the payment vouchers
- Assisting the Senior Finance Officer in the monthly accounting through preparation of the reconciliation statement, scanning the end month’s documents, counter checking vouchers against the cashbook ….
- Assist in consolidation of the V1 closure documents.
- Reporting on the debt follow-up and contract follow-up to the Senior Finance Officer
- Preparation of the Red-Cell Game report when requested
- Collecting the information on cash disbursement for the Nairobi Office
- Assisting performing the petty cash management
- Any other duty as may be requested by the supervisor
Protection mainstreaming– Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labours etc
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Basic understanding of humanitarian principles and activities.
- Sound understanding/experience in financial processing and management.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Keen to detail and accuracy required and willing to learn.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
- High level of integrity and honesty.
How to apply
Qualified Kenya Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications by 03/02/2023, 05:00PM to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: APPLICATION FOR FINANCE INTERN accompanied with:
- Curriculum Vitae (Maximum 03 Pages)
- Cover Letter (Maximum 01 Page)
Cover Letter and CV must be shared as a single PDF document i.e with the Cover Letter being on the first page and CV starting on the next page. Please do not attach any other documents while sending your application. If required they will be requested at a later stage.
Applications failing to respect the criteria above will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Review of Applications and Shortlisting will be done on rolling basis and ACTED reserves the right to hire before the deadline.
- ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent(s) in connection with recruitment.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
*ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.*