The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is a leading Africa-based, African-led, international research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. APHRC conducts policy-relevant research on population, health, education, urbanization, and related development issues in sub-Saharan Africa.
APHRC seeks to recruit a Data Quality and Assurance (DQA) Officer in the MEL Unit.
The DQA Officer will be responsible for ensuring data quality by undertaking activities on data quality control, assessments and audits. They will be accountable for a range of monitoring and evaluation processes: from validating data and leading monitoring reporting, including quarterly DQA reports and MEL routine DQA reports; using the DQA quality metrics, tools and approaches to assess the quality of data production. S/he will be tasked with ensuring all data generated in line with the MEL Plan 2022-2026 meets set data quality standards.
Lead High-quality M& E Data Reporting
- Develop MEL data quality assurance guidelines and plans;
- Establish standard assurance databases that can be updated automatically to produce and reproduce the information in a timely manner;
- Coordinate and implement the data quality checks and assessments at the Center;
- Review documentation related to data collection practices of implementing partners;
- Assess data collection practices against the key data quality criteria;
- Ensure data used in analysis and reporting is complete, accurate, clean and consistent;
- Continuously ensure that data in the MEL Platform and other integrated systems e.g. ERP meets the set-out data quality criteria;
- Capacity build staff undertaking data collection on data quality standards.
Data Quality and Assurance
- Prepare reports summarizing findings from the data quality assessment, including providing recommendations on how data quality can be improved;
- Review of KPIs quality standards and data metrics against the quality standards and complete a DQA checklist;
- Lead in strategic plan indicators review based on the results of the reports from data quality audits conducted.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, social science or related discipline.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in data management and M&E.
- Experience and demonstrable ability to work with ICT tools.
- Strong database management and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively in a diverse environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English is essential.
This position is classified under Nationally Recruited Positions (NRP), Grade V in our scales.
How to apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply through our recruitment portal https://aphrc.org/vacancies/by March 15, 2023.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; shortlisted candidates will be required to have a Police Clearance Certificate. Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P. O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of vulnerable persons