SPECIAL VACANCY NOTICE
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Data Processing Clerk (Movement Operations)
Vacancy Number : SVN/IOMSO/007/2023
Duty Station : IOM Somalia in Nairobi, Kenya.
Classification : General Services Category, Grade G3
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term, Nine Months with possibility of
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 16 April, 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the
leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental,
intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting
humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services
and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Resource Management and the direct
supervision of Senior Operation Assistant, the Data Processing Clerk (Movement
Operations) is responsible for undertaking data processing activities and providing
assistant to Operation Unit with the following duties and responsibilities
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assit in recording demographic and biographic information in MiMOSA
(Migrant Management and Operational Systens Application) upon receipt of
the travel documents from the Embassy and notify the Senior Operation
Assistant of the receipt of new requests for travel assistance.
- Secure, and account for travel documents in accordance with the local
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Ensure secure storage of
documentation and data in accordance with IOM principles and guidelines
while guaranteeing limited access to physical files.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal candidates are
eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are
considered as first-tier candidates.
- Timely dispatch travel documents with Operations colleagues and provide logistical assistance to relevant field offices.
- Assist Operation team in Maintaining and updating entries into IOM Data base, as required per SOPs.
- Provide regular feedback on work being accomplished to the Senior Operations Assistant and keep supervisors immediately informed of any issues that arise.
- Assist in Computation of payments and prepare payment request as needed in Operations Unit.
- Assist in following up with the Information Assistant of MPA (Migrant Protection & Assistance) on MIMOSA case registration.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree, preferably in the area of Tours and Travel or a related field from an accredited academic institution with at least one year of relevant professional work experience; or,
- Completed High School certificate/degree in the above fields with with three years of relevant professional Experience;
• Previous working experience with NGOs or international organizations, is an added advantage.
• Experience with Movement Operations-related databases and systems is a distinct advantage.
• Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Access database and on-line applications;
• Ability to work long hours when required and Knowledge in IATA (International Air Transport Association) Travel Operations.
• Accuracy in handling and reporting data
• For all applicants, fluency in English and Kiswahili is required (oral and written).
• Working knowledge of Somali
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in
the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Special Vacancy Notice Number (SVN No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: email@example.com
No Fees: IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee).
From 03.04.2023 to 16.04.2023
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.