Job Title: COMMUNICATION INTERN
Region: Africa – Kenya
Expat Post Status: N/A
Reports To: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Deadline for applications: 25th March 2023
At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
Communication intern: The best candidate for this position will be committed to designing communication material for FH and advance the FH brand in Kenya.
This role is a communications intern role, based in Nairobi with occasional travel to FH field sites. The role will require an individual with excellent skills for design of communication material, editing print work for communication purposes. A Bachelor’s degree in communication is essential for this role.
- Individuals who finished university or college education in the last two years and need familiarization internship.
- The best candidate for this position will be committed to designing communication material for FH and advance the FH brand in Kenya.
- This role is a communications intern role, based in Nairobi with occasional travel to FH field sites. The role will require an individual with excellent skills for design of communication material, editing print work for communication purposes
Support in implementation of communications skills
- Design FH publication materials. This includes but not limited to the annual report, donor reports, infographics, and flyers.
- Engage in story gathering and publication.
- Provide copy editing for key documents such as reports and publications.
- Any other related tasks shared by your supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or PR
- Top notch graphic design skills (sample of work will be required)
- Excellent editing and writing skills.
- Some experience in creating and editing digital media and publishing stories across different platforms.
- Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Excellent inter personal relationship
- Excellent communications skills – both oral and written
- Highly motivated, self- starter able to work on own initiative in difficult conditions
Education and Experience: A Bachelor’s degree in communication is essential for this role.
Language Skills: Proficiency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV with three referees, a sample of design work done in the past and day telephone contacts to: Human Resource Manager Email address: email@example.com latest by 25th March 2023..
NB: The successful candidate will be engaged for an initial 3 months period with possibility of another 3 months extension. (This is not a salaried position but a stipend will be provided for the successful candidate) While we value every person applying for this internship, please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis