Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a health-related discipline, or any other related field from a recognized university;
- A master’s degree in health administration/ health management, business administration, or any business-related field from a recognized university will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of (10) years’ experience of progressive responsibility in an integrated health care system;
- Demonstrate ability to timely deliver on the strategic plan of the hospital, targets, and any other Board’s outlined deliverables;
- Demonstrate financial acumen with the ability to manage cost and revenues;
- Demonstratable familiarity and experience in healthcare quality management will be an added advantage;
- Previous experience in a similar position is an advantage;
A strategic thinker with the ability to create, sustain and lead a highly motivated multidiscplinary team comprising of directors, heads of departments, manager’s medical specialists, and other health care workers, ensuring implementation of best practices and competitive advantage for the organization;
Exceptional ability to deal with, and lead, change and to present ideas that motivate staff to strive for increased achievement of the organization’s mission, vision, and strategic goals and objectives;
Exceptional demonstrate interest and ability to lead and inspire individuals and teams to coach and develop staff;
An outstanding record that reflects respect for ethics and fiscal stewardship;
An established track record of good business judgement and financial acumen;
Proven ability to build collaborative, impactful relationships with a diverse group of internal and external stake holders;
Exceptional problem-solving ability – both systematic and data based: the ability to be creative and intuitive, with a flair of thinking outside the box;
Results and systems oriented;
Resource management skills;
Knowledge of computerized hospital management systems an advantage;
Excellence communication, networking, management skills;
Fluency in written and spoken English.
- The Chief Executive Officer is responsible to the Board of Directors, providing strategic leadership management, drawing and execution of plans for the implementation of the hospital’s mandate and the overall implementation of the Board’s decisions.
- The Chief Executive Officer is also responsible for the day-to-day operations and administration of the Hospital, under the general direction and supervision of the Board.
- The Chief Executive officer is responsible for providing strong and transformational leadership, setting out the direction of the future.
- The CEO is responsible for the da-to-day operations and administration of the Hospital, under the general direction and supervision of the Board.
- The CEO is responsible for delivering the best quality of patient care.
- The CEO is responsible for ensuring that the hospital offers the highest-possible quality health care in an affordable and efficient manner while remaining financially sustainable for the long term.
Major Roles and Responsibilities
- Be the Accounting Officer of the Hospital and ensure its management in line with statutory requirements;
- Identify, evaluate and implement the scope of services, practice and governance of the hospital;
- Provide visionary leadership and direction to the organization and to ensure that hospital mandates and policies are implemented fully and effectively in line with the strategic plan;
- Oversee and direct the development and implementation of the Hospital’s strategic initiatives and capacity building in line with goals and aspirations of the Nairobi City County Government;
- Formulate and ensure that the Hospital’s Strategic Plans are timely implemented, the Performance Contract objective and targets are negotiated, achieved and timely reported and the annual operational plans and budgets prepared and submitted in compliance with statutory requirements;
- Initiate, establish, strengthen and oversee inter-institutional collaborations and strategic partnerships in line with the Hospital’s mandates and strategic objectives’
- Maintain an organized system of management and controls that ensure smooth function of hospital health system operations, timely accomplishment of clinical and infrastructural goals;
- Establish and sustain effective relationship with the Board of Directors, other County and National Government facilities and other stakeholders, including the medical community referring physicians and the media;
- Spearhead mobilization of resources from the county, development partners and other stakeholders as well as through payment for services;
- Ensure prudent management of resources for the achievement of the Hospitals mandates and strategic objectives:
- Ensure that the Hospital’s staff remains motivated to discharge their responsibilities effectively and efficiently, and in compliance with human resource management policies and practices;
- Promote a culture of performance, compliance with regulations, statutory requirements, good corporate governance principles and best health care practices in the Hospital;
- Promote strong community relations and create collaborative partnerships that advance the interests of the Hospital and contribute to the health and well-being of the communities served;
- Appraise and recommend to the Board of Directors on strategic matters that influence and impact the Hospital’s health system performance:
- Promote and sustain the strict and effective referral policy for specialized care as per the hospitals mandates;
- Steer the Hospital towards the achievement of relevant accreditation including ISO certification and Joint Commission International Accreditation (JCIA);
- Ensuring effective communication within the Hospital;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Board from time to time.