Description of responsibilities: The main duties of this expert will be the following:
- Implement workplan 2023 of the UMF – Shanghai Adapted Index and facilitate the implementation of the work plan according to the proposed timeline.
- Facilitate the technical exchange between the UN-Habitat team on UMF – Shanghai Adapted Index and the Chinese partners team, Organise relevant technical workshops, seminar, expert group meetings to enhance programme promoting.
- Coordinate the collaboration between the UN-Habitat team and other internal and external stakeholders, including UN-Habitat Regional Programme Division and the Chinese counterparts.
- Coordinate the research on the potential interlinked activities between UMF – Shanghai Adapted Index and Shanghai Award and SDG Cities Flagship Programme, etc.
- Organize SAI relevant workshops, knowledge exchange, promotion and publicity events related to UMF – Shanghai Adapted Index, not limited to the releasing outcome on WCD 2023.
- Contribute to the connection of the work of the Data and Analytics Unit with the timely implementation of the UMF- Shanghai Adapted Index.
- Jointing and contribution to drafting and finalizing the Research report.
- Provide the support for UMF team based on the assignment of request of supervisor.
- Undertake other tasks of the Branches.
- Advanced University degree in Architecture or Urban Planning, or related field that is relevant for sustainable urban development and urban planning and design. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 2 years experience in urban planning and design with direct proven experience in drawing and preparing plan graphical material using computer assisted design tools; strong graphic representation skills is required.
- Good hand drawing / sketching is a desirable. The candidate has a portfolio of plans and designs of which he/she is the author is desirable.
For this consultancy, fluency in oral and written English is required. Although not a requirement, knowledge of French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian will be an advantage.