As part of the Boma Training Team, the Training and Curriculum Development Coordinator will be responsible for the development, review, improvement, adaption, execution, and oversight of various curricula and training that prepares program teams to deliver effective training to the program participants, as well as supporting the organization’s learning agenda. Strategically h/she will understand the adult learning landscape locally with a good knowledge of the changes that are being implemented across Adult Education and Learning.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Curriculum Development 50%
- Design, development, adaptation, and review of training modules, materials, courses and curricula within the organization and Programs that support adult learning for illiterate and semi-illiterate participants.
- Participate in working groups to design programmatic components necessary for implementation of the training curriculum
- Strategic curriculum development responding to a changing economic and natural resource management environment.
- Participate in program design, training needs assessment, sharing lessons learnt, training delivery, and workforce professional development
- Ensure timely delivery of well branded error-free training materials; adapted to suit the program/organization/region context and according to the specification of each donor
Knowledge Management and Training Delivery 20%
- Develop and manage training evaluation processes to gauge the effectiveness of training curricula and training activities including workshops and TOTs
- Ensure timely reporting on training activities and incorporation of experiences and lessons learnt to improve and enhance training delivery.
- Efficient management of relevant training curricula resources across the organization’s programs and maintaining an inventory of updated versions of training materials
- Facilitate training of TOTs
Graduation Centre of Excellence (CoE) Coordination 30%
- Support the implementing of procedures and processes for the Graduation Centre of Excellence to ensure quality assurance and improvement, as developed by the management team
- Efficient management of the Graduation Centre of Excellence and maintaining both physical and electronic inventory of Boma’s updated versions of training materials/Modules/curricula
- Scheduling training activities offered at the Graduation Centre of Excellence and ensuring all logistics are well planned and coordinated
- Ensuring a clean, orderly, and friendly learning environment for the Graduation Centre of Excellence
- Facilitate training workshops for Boma and partner staff, workshops, and TOTS to be delivered at the Graduation CoE.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Studies, Education, Social Sciences, Natural Resource Management, or relevant field. A masters is an added advantage.
- Experience in Curriculum Development is Mandatory
- Professional qualification in TOT is a preference
- At least Three (3) years of Curriculum Development and Training Delivery experience, with preference for adult education/learning, social and behavior change, and community development work
- Experience in the NGO sector is an added advantage but not Mandatory
How to apply
Qualified candidates to apply via email email@example.com clearly indicating the position they are applying for on the email subject asTraining and Curriculum Coordinator – Boma Project by COB 4th April, 2023.
Salary: Indicate your current monthly salary in the cover letter.
Due to the urgency, application will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.