The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the UN Migration Agency. With 174 member states it is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. Established in 1951 and now active in over 400 field locations worldwide, IOM works with partners, government and civil society to:
- Assist in meeting the operational challenges of migration and mobility
- Advance understanding of migration issues
- Encourage social and economic development through migration; and
- Uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants and mobile populations.
IOM’s Regional Office for the East and Horn of Africa supports and monitors the following countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda. Through a team of specialists, the Regional Office supports the development, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of projects and initiatives undertaken by country offices and regional programmes.
Under the overall supervision of the National Radiology Officer and under the direct supervision of the Senior Teleradiology and PACS Systems Administrator, the incumbent will provide technical and user support to the Teleradiology Unit of Migration Health Division of the Regional Office – Nairobi, and other missions in the region:
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
In particular he/she will:
1. Assist in technical support and troubleshooting of bio-data and system errors for Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS) and Teleradiology.
2. Assist in writing and maintaining documentation, like users’ instructions, manuals and technical support guide to be used by the Nairobi IOM Teleradiology Center.
3. Monitor Teleradiology PACS software, databases and various Teleradiology services in Nairobi regional PACS hub.
4. Provide support installing Teleradiology server hardware, Databases and PACS software’s under the guidance of the National Radiology Officer as applicable.
5. Troubleshoot Teleradiology networks.
6. Assist with technical preparation of IOM Teleradiology service to the new field locations in the Africa region, in coordination National Radiology Officer as applicable.
7. Assist the National Radiology Officer with technical issues that arise.
8. Provide general assistance in developing, testing and maintaining reports in Teleradiology Structured Query Language (SQL) Reporting Services.
9. Keep track of the submission of the Chest X-rays and the reports to the Australia and Canada eMedical websites when required.
10. Check the replication of data from PACS servers in the Africa region.
11. Detect, diagnose and resolve any hardware, software or connectivity problem.
12. Provide support during weekends, holidays or outside working hours as well as act as a “stand-by” focal person on a rotation basis upon request.
13. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
How to apply
Submit cover letter indicating the Position Title & Vacancy Notice Number (VN No.), and CV with telephone and e-mail contacts including 3 Referees (Supervisors) to: IOM, RO Human Resources Department, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 22 March 2023
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted. Click here to access the Vacancy Notice.