About FilmAid Kenya
FilmAid Kenya is a development and humanitarian communications organization that has been working in the Kenya Refugee Operation for over 20 years. FilmAid Kenya harnesses the power and influence of media and the arts to respond to emergencies, as well as promote social change through dialogue in order to protect the well-being of displaced and vulnerable populations by building stronger, healthier, and more informed communities.
- Providing leadership in the interpretation and enforcement of REF FM’s strategies, policies, and guidelines to ensure the achievement of the objectives.
- Overseeing the implementation of independent and impartial radio broadcasting services of information, education, and entertainment in English, Kiswahili, and any other languages as the management may decide.
- Planning, regulating, and controlling the content and balance of all radio broadcasts
- Advising the Management on matters relating to packaging and delivery of radio content.
- Ensuring shows are conducted with impartial attention to the interests and susceptibilities of the different communities in Kakuma and the Kalobeyei Integrated Settlement.
- Developing mechanisms for the continuous improvement in the quality and value of products and services.
- Formulating and approving all programme and station strategic plans, rosters, and duty allocation.
- Vetting and approving radio services concepts, proposals, pilots, and properties based on budget projections, advertisers’ ask, value and relevance of the idea, its conformity to Editorial Policy and station style as well as the availability of required resources
- Ensuring the Station’s revenue growth and scaling up new business from advertisers for the Station.
- Ensuring qualitative and quantitative production of radio shows and services within the Station.
- Interpreting and analyzing the audience research surveys and recommending remedial action.
- Ensuring compliance with the Constitution of Kenya, the Communications Authority, and all statutory, legal and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for the overall discipline, mentorship and performance of staff in the Station.
- Participating in the implementation of the performance management system of the Station.
- Budgeting, reviewing and controlling the Station’s budgets.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and strength of character
- Excellent editorial judgement and to have detailed knowledge of the Broadcasting Code, Editorial Guidelines and Libel
- Resilient, calm under pressure and excellent problem solvers, with the ability to resolve conflict and react positively to change.
- Confident and inspirational communicator as they will often be called upon to lead meetings and head up other events and discussions.
- Excellent forward planning and organizing skills, and will have a thorough understanding of network strategies, with the experience and creativity to bring them to air.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of diverse communities and ethnicities.
- Knowledge of budgeting and fiscal management principles and procedures
- Good knowledge of broadcast radio principles, procedures, operations, and standards. Project management principles, practices, techniques and tools.
- Experience: operating radio equipment; leading and motivating staff; creating, composing and editing written materials.
- Diploma/Bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience and in the broadcasting industry
- 1 year managerial experience.
How to apply
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their applications with only Cover Letter, CV, and 3 references to email address: email@example.com on or before 24th January2023 , 5pm EAT and clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Station Manager’
Note that applicants who send letters of references, testimonials, or any other documents apart from those requested will be automatically disqualified
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
FilmAid Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer