Kenya Airways, the leading African airline flying to more African destinations than any other carrier, takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the world and the World to Africa through its hub Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
To ensure and maintain a healthy, safe and secure working environment, in compliance with the relevant industry and legislative requirements, company procedures, regulatory authorities and customer airline requirement with regards to cabin appearance. Responsible for cabin grooming operations in readiness for boarding and departure incompliance with Company and Customer Airline Service standards, while maintaining best work practices of Health and Safety in a secure environment aswell as ensuring optimal staff productivity and cost efficient operations.
- Embrace and maintaina positive safety culture, healthy and secure working environment in compliancewith company procedures, regulatory authorities and requirements of customerairlines.
- Give oversight to third party contractors on Cabin cleaning operationsand ensure they also maintain and embrace a positive safety culture, healthyand secure working environment in compliance with company procedures,regulatory authorities and requirements of customer airlines.
- Pre-task planning, briefs and supervision for efficient allocation oftasks and responsibilities for optimal utilization of third party.
- Responsible for on-time and efficient cabin grooming in compliance withstipulated service standards and time frameworks.
- Ensure optimal cabin grooming productivity.
- Responsible for availability of requisite in-flight customer items onoperating aircrafts for customer comfort.
- Ensure availability and serviceability of cabin grooming equipment andcleaning product for efficient operations.
- Monitor cost effective utilization of company materials and equipment.
- Conduct cabin spotchecks to assess efficiency and efficacy of cabin grooming operations.
- Prevent theft and/orpilferage of in-flight items by team members.
- Prepare and submitcabin grooming performance reports within stipulated timeframes.
- Identify and reporthazards, near misses incident and accidents.
- Adhere to KQ WAY principalsand best practices
- Hospitality diploma or ‘O’ level grade C+
- Computer literacyadded advantage
- Airside Safety Awareness
- Aviation SecurityAwareness
- Dangerous Goods CAT 8
- Cabin grooming
- Safety Management System (SMS) Awareness
- JKIA – Local emergency procedures
- Physically fit
- Good knowledge ofaircrafts cabin configurations
- Good planning skills
- Good interpersonalskills
- Valid driving license
- Good communicationskills
- Good command ofEnglish and Swahili
- Good knowledge of KQ product and Customer AirlineSLA’s
- Cost conscious.