Main purpose of the job
The successful candidate will provide assistance in the Engagement Quality Control Reviews (EQCRs) of audit engagements by spending focused time, with the right skills and capabilities to support effective EQCRs and provide coaching to engagement teams to improve audit files to the desired quality.
What you will do
- Perform Engagement Quality Control Review (EQCR) of audit and assurance engagements;
- Provide support in implementing and monitoring activities related to system of quality control;
- Implement the strategy within area of responsibility by conforming to plans set by leadership in all projects and engagements;
- Facilitate required training sessions as per the training plan and prepare presentations;
- Ensure effective team delivery in projects and workflow;
- Review and respond to consultations related to audits and IFRSs; and
- Provide coaching to audit teams that is constructive, insightful, focused on strengths & development areas and empower the teams to take this knowledge forward.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university. A Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- A recognized accounting qualification (CPA/ACCA).
- At least 8 years’ professional auditing experience with a minimum of 3 years’ management experience in an internationally recognised audit firm, able to demonstrate leadership experience, risk management and risk intelligence.
- Thorough knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and International Standards on Auditing.
- Have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Possess effective interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong client delivery focus.
- Highly adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease.
- Sound problem solving ability.
- Be conflict tolerant.
- Be assertive.
- Expert in field with excellent industry and business knowledge.
- Knowledge of accounting, auditing and regulatory professional standards.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to interpret, communicate and implement strategy.
- Demonstrated execution of complex projects within timeframes and cost.
- Experienced in development and delivery of professional presentations.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Critical thinking and risk awareness.
- Research focused.
- Focus on quality and risk.