Country/s Kenya and Somalia
Expected Start Date: Feb 2023
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach, which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. Their 3,300 staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
REACH was born in 2010 as a joint initiative of two International NGOs (IMPACT Initiatives and ACTED) and the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) Operational Satellite Applications Programme (UNOSAT). REACH’s purpose is to promote and facilitate the development of information products that enhance the humanitarian community’s decision-making and planning capacity for emergency, reconstruction and development contexts, supporting and working within the framework of the humanitarian reform process. REACH facilitates information management for aid actors through three complementary services: (a) need and situation assessments facilitated by REACH teams; (b) situation analysis using satellite imagery; (c) provision of related database and (web)-mapping facilities and expertise.
Under the direct supervision of the REACH research manager, the REACH Assessment intern is responsible for the management and implementation of all REACH Cash and markets assessments in Kenya, including their preparation, implementation, and follow-up. She/he could be required to manage other assessments other than those of cash and markets in Kenya.
- Ensuring the writing of timely and accurate assessment product
- Supporting the designing and implementation of REACH assessments.
- Support the designing and implementation of REACH assessment strategy and methodology and corresponding analytical frameworks.
- Ensuring the writing of timely and accurate assessment reports, factsheets, and presentations with the integration of cluster and/or partner feedback.
- Data quality checks and follow-up with the Database team on the quality of data and ensuring that data analysis is reflective of the assessment objectives.
- Manage project timeframes and assessment schedules and work with field staff to design and implement REACH assessment procedures.
- Supporting the development of assessment TORS, analysis plans and indicator lists.
- Support the development of assessment tools ensuring in-country validation.
- Coordinate timely and accurate reporting to the REACH research manager.
- Liaise with REACH assessment field staff to ensure a smooth and timely implementation of activities.
- Coordinating and ensuring timely data collection, analysis and, in partnership with GIS/DB team, mapping of datasets and ensuring that all collected data are geo-referenced.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (social science, development studies, research, statistics, monitoring and evaluation and any other relevant course)
- Strong skills with the Microsoft Office Suite including excel, word and PowerPoint
- Strong technical writing skills
- Experience using ODK for quantitative data collection
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for reporting and external coordination;
How to apply
Qualified Kenya Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications by 20/01/2023, 05:00PM to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: APPLICATION FOR REACH ASSESSMENT INTERN accompanied with:
- Curriculum Vitae (Maximum 03 Pages)
- Cover Letter (Maximum 01 Page)
Cover Letter and CV must be shared as a single PDF document i.e with the Cover Letter being on the first page and CV starting on the next page. Please do not attach any other documents while sending your application. If required they will be requested at a later stage.
Applications failing to respect the criteria above will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Review of Applications and Shortlisting will be done on rolling basis and ACTED reserves the right to hire before the deadline.
- ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent(s) in connection with recruitment.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
*ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.*