This position is primarily responsible for managing the motor pool, inventory/assets, and supplies. This position directly supervises Property Officers, Drivers and Stores Assistants.
- End to end asset management from acquisition, record keeping, insurance, maintenance and disposal.
- Manages the RSC Africa motor pool and advises on motor vehicle needs such as disposal or new purchases.
- Directly supervises eight drivers, three Property Officers, and three Stores Assistants.
- Manages all RSC Africa equipment and ensures proper maintenance schedules are adhered to
- Oversees Management of Property contractors and service agreements to ensure they deliver their services as per their contracts.
- Oversees inventory levels and ensures that adequate levels are maintained for uninterrupted refugee processing.
- Periodic reporting of Asset Management, Supplies and Fleet Management activities.
- Oversees RSC Africa Property functions and ensures integrity and strict adherence to the compliance with US Government requirements, CWS and RSC Africa policies, guidelines and procedures
- Coordinates asset and fleet management functions with CWS Africa Sub-offices offering support and ensuring compliance with the main SOPs
- Ensures development, implementation, dissemination and monitoring of standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Monitor the Property Mailbox and ensure that the established protocols are being followed.
Management and Analysis.
- Conducts regular market surveys to determine the best price for quality goods and services
- Oversees the requisition, maintenance, and inventory arrangement of expendable and non-expendable equipment, assets, supplies and vehicles
- Takes lead on monthly projections and annual budget preparation and revisions, and monitors expenses in accordance with authorized budgets
- Ensures that insurance is in place for all property and other liabilities in accordance with the laws in all RSC Africa offices
- Supervises, manages and evaluates staff performance under their supervision
- Ensures coaching, mentoring, feedback and corrective action plans are being carried out where needed.
- Ensures that staff receive the necessary annual trainings in different aspects of their areas of specialization
- Monitors and ensures a safe, healthy and professional work environment.
- Actively supports staff by promoting safe space, open-door and the escalation policy.
- Monitors time and attendance records for the staff under their supervision.
- Ensure direct reports are accessing and using their benefits appropriately including leave.
- Coordinates some tasks on behalf of the Property Manager, Senior Property Officer or Property Officers in their absence.
- Other duties as assigned by CWS/RSC Africa Management.
- Six (6) years paid work experience required
- Four (4) years related work experience required.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Experience working with contractors and vendors required.
- Three years’ experience working with an International NGO preferred.
- Experience managing an NGO motor pool preferred.
- Asset Management experience.
- Experience managing inventories and ensuring stock levels are appropriately maintained preferred
- Knowledge of RSC Africa asset and fleet management procedures preferred.
- Demonstrated computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or a related field required, or four (4) years additional experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree required.
- Supervise staff to ensure policies and procedures are implemented and executed in accordance with guidelines and standard operating procedures;
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail, completing tasks within set timeframes;
- Exercise good judgement and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems;
- Deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Maintain the integrity of official records;
- Analyze and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- Work with minimal supervision
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP