Position Title: Property Manager
Reports To: Administration Coordinator
Division: CWS Africa
Department: Administration, Property Management
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Grade Level: Grade 8, Manager, National
Introduction: Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
This position is primarily responsible for the overall management of the RSC Africa Facilities and Equipment and Assets. The position ensures compliance, coordination, management and planning of RSC Africa facilities and vehicles and provision of a safe, healthy and professional working environment for staff.
This position reports directly to the Administration Coordinator and directly supervises the Senior Property Officer (Facilities) and Equipment and Assets Supervisor.
- Oversees RSC Africa Property functions and ensures integrity and strict adherence to the compliance with US Government requirements, CWS and RSC Africa policies, guidelines and procedures
- Ensures development, implementation, dissemination and monitoring of standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Coordinates property functions with CWS Africa Sub-offices offering support and ensuring compliance with the main SOPs
- Reviews all contractual agreements for all facilities, and maintains copies of all relevant contracts
- Reviews all contractual agreements for goods and services, equipment and insurance, and maintains copies of all relevant contracts
- Establishes and continuously reviews monitoring systems and ensures that they are used consistently to ensure compliance
- Works closely with Administration Coordinator and Senior Regional Coordinator and to perform quarterly manager level internal audits and compliance checks for facilities, vehicles, equipment and assets for all RSC Africa offices
Management and Analysis
- Conducts regular market surveys to determine the best price for quality goods and services including office spaces
- Oversees the requisition, maintenance, and inventory arrangement of expendable and non-expendable equipment, assets, supplies and vehicles
- Takes lead on monthly projections and annual budget preparation and revisions, and monitors expenses in accordance with authorized budgets
- Monitors to ensure that the property management company services are delivered and accounted for accurately
- Ensures that insurance is in place for all property and other liabilities in accordance with the laws in all RSC Africa offices
- Monitors RSC Africa group mailbox and communication with service providers and staff to ensure that it is professional, timely and proactive
- Ensures that adequate inventory levels are maintained for all supplies
- Oversees construction contracts, contractor meetings and implementation of the timelines
- Supervises, manages and evaluates staff performance under their supervision
- Ensures coaching, mentoring, feedback and corrective action plans are being carried out where needed.
- Ensures that staff receive the necessary annual trainings in different aspects of their areas of specialization.
- Monitors and ensures a safe, healthy and professional work environment.
- Actively supports staff by promoting safe space, open-door and the escalation policy.
- Establishes and communicates clear expectations to staff to foster a predictable and consistent work environment.
- Ensures that reasonable working resources are availed to staff in the unit.
- Monitors time and attendance records for supervisors
- Ensure direct reports are accessing and using their benefits appropriately including leave.
- Participates in hiring of necessary staff, developing job descriptions and takes the hiring manager role for staff in the unit
- Ensures that positions are staffed as budgeted
- Coordinates some tasks on behalf of the other Administration Coordinator and Property Supervisor during times of absence.
- Other duties as assigned by CWS/RSC Africa Management.
Eight (8) years of paid work experience .
2 years of supervisory experience is required.
Experience working with NGO procurement is preferred
Two years of related experience in fleet and facility management and construction administration is required.
Demonstrated computer skills, especially Microsoft Products.
Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Strong verbal and written English language skills.
Knowledge of US Government procurement standards is preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years of paid work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
Ability to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of accounts and budget information;
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, applicants and members of the general public;
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
- Ability to maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- Ability to carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work independently and contribute to overall operations at management level;
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to lead others and address issues as they arise;
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
- Ability to manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems;
- Ability to work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
- Ability to effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
- Ability to actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Government Operational Refugee Processing Program in Africa;
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
- COVID Vaccination is required for all successful candidates
- The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa.
- This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya
- This position requires use of laptops at all time, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
- This position may require travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program
- Background check which includes references and an educational and criminal check is required before the start of employment for International applicants.
- A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
- Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
- Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
- Full time
- All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Flexibility and willingness to work long hours, including working on Weekend as needed.
Disclaimer: Job openings advertised to create a talent pool for future openings.
How to apply
To apply Log onto CWS Careers site: Work with CWS – CWS (cwsglobal.org)