Objective of the Job Position:
To establish and manage, the finance and administration functions in Hope Aid Worldwide Kenya and develop capacity in the office to carry out these functions. The job involves performing accounts and general administrative duties, working in close collaboration with department heads. Ensuring proper financial management, assisting in the preparation of annual budgets and strict adherence to finance and administrative policies. Ensuring proper asset management, including procurement, labeling and updating the asset registers.
Perform on-going accounting tasks:
- Manage payments and ensure that they are paid on time, authorised by appropriate staff, and the financial process and procedures are followed.
- Correctly allocate expenditure and process transactions to the correct general ledger (GL) accounts in cashbook
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations including bank reconciliations for review by your Manager)
- Produce accurate end of month, end of year accounts and other financial reports on time for approval by your Manager and CFO
- Maintain the fixed asset register, perform periodic physical counts of the assets, and review the state of the asset with your Manager
- Ensure Hope Aid Worldwide’s assets and financial information are adequately safeguarded and confidentiality is maintained.
- Provide analysis and recommendations to improve efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and sustainability of the projects
Government, Compliance and Statutory requirements:
- Prepare the annual statutory financial statements
- Liaise with KRA advisor on any tax related matters
- Be the key liaison for Hope Aid Worldwide Kenya external audit process
- Create and maintain a record of all Kenyan regulatory requirements including insurance renewals, work permits, other licences and premises permits etc.
- Ensure all insurances, other licences and premises permits are current, complete and adequate for all aspects of the business and are renewed on time
- Ensure all statutory liabilities of Hope Aid Worldwide Kenya for taxes and duties are paid on time
- Keep up-to-date with relevant accounting standards and regulations in Kenya
- Oversee and ensure all relevant government reporting requirements are adhered to and filed by deadline dates;
- Where required, work with management to prepare and maintain employment contracts for Hope Aid Worldwide Kenya staff;
- The prospective candidate will possess a first degree in Commerce or Business Administration With at least 2 years’ experience preferably in the NGO sector. A relevant professional qualification (CPA) is an added advantage. The position holder must be computer literate.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Apply Now button below.