Position: Program Officer
Location: Baringo County.
About the Job Role:
Program Officer will assist the delivery of STC Education program activities in Marigat and East Pokot. He/she will be directly reporting to the Program Coordinator- Tiaty. The positions will be based in East Pokot – Chemolingot office.
Key roles and responsibilities.
• The Program Officer supports the Program Coordinator in ensuring that the projects plans are planned, completed on schedule and on budget while meeting the project’s objectives.
• Collaborate with Program Coordinator in providing direction for the projects to ensure the education program is achieving its objectives and goals.
• Assist in designing and implementing the Marigat and East Pokot Education Programme, mainstreamed with cross-cutting and child safeguarding issues.
• Participate in project design, proposal development and contractual agreements.
• Support Program Coordinator to ensure project outcomes are delivered to quality required by the programme and to schedule, within set budgets and scope.
• Plan and manage day to day of the projects including workplans, reports and support organization wide activities and campaigns as needed.
• Provide training and support to interns and volunteers in regards to their roles and responsibilities as assigned.
• In liaison with the Program Coordinator, map and identify the project participants.
• Providing volunteers and primary actors with necessary skills and resources to improve education activities.
• Support recruitment, induction/orientation and training activities.
Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting:
• Participate in monitoring project activities to ensure that they are implemented in a systematic and timely manner to follow work plan targets, achieve technical requirements and complete deliverables in accordance with project agreements and budgets in Baringo.
• In liaison with the Program Coordinator, Monitor and track project budget expenditures in Baringo.
• Compile and write timely and quality activity, monthly, quarterly and annual project reports for activities.
• Prepare success stories, case studies and other reports as assigned by the Program Coordinator.
• With support from the MEL officer coordinate and participate in project data collection exercises in Baringo.
• Support the monitoring and evaluation unit during monitoring of project and program evaluations in Baringo.
Desired Skills and Competences
• Project management skills
• Child Protection and safeguarding skills
• Excellent communication skills: Written and Verbal.
• Good coordination, facilitation and presentation skills
• Community Mobilization Skills
• Project monitoring and evaluation skills
• Budget development and management skills.
Education and experience:
• University graduate in Education, Arts, Social Sciences, Community Development, Political Science, Project Management, or any other relevant field.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in implementing Education or Community development projects
• Minimum 1 years proven project implementation experience in NGO’s, demonstrating the capacity to manage budgets.
• Demonstrated understanding of the global Child Protection and safeguarding practices.
• Significant experience in budget preparation, quality report writing and editing skills.
• Significant Monitoring and evaluation experience of education projects.
• Experience in stakeholder’s engagement, especially Ministry of Education and Sub County administration.
So They Can is a strong Child Protection Organization. Any form of child safeguarding breach is not tolerated.
How to apply
• Application should be made to HR So They Can Kenya at
• Quote expected Salary
• Applications should be received on or before Friday, 3rd February 2023
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted