About FilmAid Kenya:
FilmAid Kenya is a development and humanitarian communications organization that has been working in the Kenya Refugee Operation for over 20 years. FilmAid Kenya harnesses the power and influence of film & other multimedia to combat critical social issues. FilmAid Kenya fosters the well-being of displaced and vulnerable populations by building stronger, healthier, and more informed communities.
FAK has a rich history of empowering women and girls within their communities to live healthier lives free from violence. Through a multi-channel approach, FAK has contributed to combat harmful gender norms and practices such as Female Genital Mutilation (FGM), and provided critical access to information for girls and women to make informed decisions about their education, sexual reproductive health and livelihoods.
The project seeks to harness the power of media and communication to increase awareness on Gender Based Violence and Sexual Reproductive Health among teenagers, adolescents and their communities in Dadaab Refugee Camp. This will be achieved through FilmAid Kenya’s health and protection portfolios actively raises awareness about issues that affect the overall health and well-being of communities, promotes health seeking behavior by fostering demand generation, and provides critical access to health information during outbreaks and emergencies among teenagers, adolescents and their communities. The project officer will create a liaison between communities and the health partners Dadaab to achieve health outcomes in relation to GBV prevention and response and access to SRH services.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
Design, Development and Dissemination of Media Content
- He/she will establish a participatory process in media development to ensure the development of media content is contextually relevant, and promotes access to information on GBV and SRH among teenagers and their communities.
- Lead all project planning activities to ensure activities are implemented in a timely manner and that the project’s objectives are achieved
- Take lead in drafting of translation of key messages for bulk SMS system distribution
- Work to ensure there is improved access to accurate health information, increased awareness and knowledge about Sexual reproductive Health among teenagers and their communities
- Active role in designing child-friendly approaches to ensure effective program delivery
Project Coordination with Stakeholders and Communities
- Represent FilmAid Kenya in technical coordination meetings with health and protection partners
- Coordinate with relevant community structures including advisory committees to ensure a strategic approach in targeting participants and review approaches to ensure and effective delivery of FAK’s mandate
- Coordinate closely with the Sports for Protection partners to ensure implementation of the project in line with the approved plan
- Ensure timely delivery of project activities according to approved work plans
- Support project planning, implementation, and monitoring to ensure achievement of health outcomes
- Participate in needs assessments activities including data collection for project design, monitoring and evaluation.
- Support project reporting, highlighting best practice and opportunities
- Ensure Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) are at the center of implementation
- Any other duties assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
Education: Minimum of undergraduate degree in Public Health, Social Work, Community Development, Sociology or a relevant degree
Prior Work Experience:
- At least three years’ experience of leading health programs preferably in the humanitarian sector
- Proven experience in implementing projects targeting children and youths
- Experience in implementing SRH/GBV/ SBCC programs will be an added advantage
- Proven academic or on-job training and understanding of the Project Cycle Model in managing humanitarian assistance
- Training in Child Safeguarding
- Experience in report writing
- Facilitation and community engagement experience
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili is essential;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills;
- Creative and analytic thinker with the ability to manage multiple projects;
- Must be highly organized and able to work with other teams.
- Competent with Windows and Microsoft Office applications
- High level of motivation, integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
- Ability to tolerate cultural, educational, and religious diversity in the workplace.
- Excellent communication, time management, organization and presentation skills.
- Able to work independently while being a good team player with a high degree of flexibility, tolerance and a good sense of humor
How to apply
How to apply:
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their applications with Cover Letter, CV, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 7th February 2023 and clearly indicate on the subject line ‘Program Officer’.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
FilmAid Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.