We are a global team of experts and innovators tackling some of the world’s most pressing health challenges. We work with leaders and change makers around the globe to bring health strategies to life. We provide ideas, advice and technical know-how that enable our partners to build a path to lasting change.
With 30 years’ experience in global health, we collaborate with our partners to explore existing evidence, combine expertise, scale up ideas and co-create solutions that accelerate change. This includes collaborating on policy design, managing initiatives, building powerful coalitions and galvanising social movements. Our impact is felt across whole communities, with a focus on women, girls and those who have been marginalised.
As part of MSI Reproductive Choices, all our profits go back into supporting MSI’s own mission of children by choice, not chance.
We believe in a world where everyone can access the high-quality health services they need, without financial burden.
Options is seeking a Program Director to provide leadership for the anticipated UK aid funded programme focused on strengthening global health security in Africa. This is an expected project role contingent upon contract award. Interventions funded under this programme will contribute to the delivery of an effective regional response to cross border health threats, as well as improve countries’ capacity to prevent, detect and respond to disease outbreaks. Programme interventions will have a sustained positive outcome for systems and populations at Regional, National and Community level.
- Programme delivery, and oversight – oversee programme strategies, technical approaches, workplans, risk management, and budgets. Ensure the programme delivers against its theory of change, is informed by the latest evidence and technical thinking and achieves its intended results.
- Technical leadership in health security – provide technical and strategic leadership, drawing on relevant global health security approaches and frameworks, to ensure that technical advice and interventions are delivered to the highest standards. The Program Director will need to draw on effective approaches to prevention, detection and response to public health threats and develop a coherent approach to health system strengthening in multiple geographies and levels. The Program Director is expected to directly provide technical advice on various aspects of delivery and ensure quality assurance of work delivered across the programme team.
- Client, government and partner relations – be the primary liaison with the donor, represent the programme on behalf of Options and ensure close collaboration with relevant local, national and international stakeholders including WHO Afro, African Union etc.
- Effective learning and evidence to improve ongoing implementation – take a leading role in disseminating lessons, successes, tools and approaches with internal and external stakeholders, particularly government ministries, WHO Afro, African Union, Regional Economic Committees, the Africa CDC and other agencies active in global health security.
- Post-graduate qualification or degree in public health or related discipline
- Extensive and proven experience providing technical, strategic and programme management oversight to similar donor funded health programmes and/or organizations.
- Extensive experience and record of delivering health security programming in Africa.
- In-depth knowledge of IHR, disease preparedness, anti-microbial resistance, one health and whole of government approaches.
- Experience in fostering relationships with key health security partners at global, regional and country level, including WHO Afro, Africa CDC, relevant government ministries and implementing partners.
- Significant experience and a track record of successful leadership and management of teams based in multiple locations. Previous experience leading a large team of highly skilled, multidisciplinary staff to leverage joint management support, and empowering team members to deliver high quality work.
- Experience managing teams in high risk environments (desirable)
- Experience engaging closely with and/or managing partner organizations, including large consortium management
- Experience in risk management and mitigation and safeguarding in a programme context.
- Experience in leading the delivery of 1) complex, multi-country programmes; 2) high-value programmes >£50m; 3) FCDO programmes
- Experience in managing contracts (including payment by results) and contracting; supporting compliance requirements and excellent financial management skills.
- Ability to travel to sub–Saharan Africa extensively.
Options offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package specific to each country, for further information please contact HR at email@example.com.
- As an equal opportunity employer, Options Consultancy Services is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage or civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Options Consultancy Services.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and postholders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, promote diversity and inclusion, are energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Applicants must have the right to work in any of the following countries Nigeria, Kenya or UK.
How to apply
- To apply, please fill in the form HERE.
- Closing date for applications is: 15th February 2023
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).