With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Here’s where you come in:
As the Program Development and Quality Assurance Director for World Vision Somalia, you will lead in external engagement to position with donors and governments, develop partnerships with NGO, private sector and academia partners, and coordinate acquisition and reporting of grants and contracts with internal and external stakeholders in support of sustainable and diversified funding to enable the fulfilment of the World Vision Somali National Office Strategy.
You will lead in the development, revision and dissemination of the national office strategy and sector technical approaches, ensuring the office strategy remains relevant to the evolving context and align with World Vision’s organisational goal. You will spearhead the establishment and maintenance of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), accountability and information-management systems, as well as research and learning processes and products to inform adaptive management and promote thought leadership.
You will also oversee a team of program officers, technical advisors and M&E specialists to ensure the development of contextualised, competitive and impactful proposals and timely and complete reporting; technical backstopping to field team support quality implementation and engagement with coordination and learning structures, and monitoring of projects as per donor and World Vision standards.
- Preferred Masters, but acceptable Bachelor’s degree in international development, business administration, social and agricultural development studies.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in humanitarian and development practice, with at least 5 years in management positions.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated experience either (i) leading complex acquisition process; (ii) managing a 3+ member acquisition/technical team to acquire and deliver complex project/program (iii) cooperative agreement (required), contract (preferred) proposal development experience.
- Experience in external engagement with NGOs, donors, private sector, etc.
- Experience working with or in fragile context settings.
- Work environment: Nairobi Office-based with occasional travel to the field.
- Travel: 50% Domestic/international travel is required.
How to apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position and apply online by the application deadline of 15 March 2023.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.