Core Achieve Results:
- Set and align challenging, achievable objectives for multiple projects, have lasting impact.
- Proactively mitigate potential risks, develop new ideas to solve complex problems.
- Create and act on opportunities to expand horizons, diversify experiences.
Adapt with Agility:
- Proactively initiate and champion change, manage multiple competing demands.
- Act with Determination: Think beyond immediate task/barriers and take action to achieve greater results.
Engage and Partner:
- Political savvy, navigate complex landscape, champion inter-agency collaboration.
Enable Diversity and Inclusion:
- Appreciate benefits of diverse workforce and champion inclusivity.
- Cross-Functional & Technical Competencies
Business Direction and Strategy – Strategic Thinking:
- Ability to develop effective strategies and prioritized plans in line with UNDP’s objectives, based on the systemic analysis of challenges, potential risks and opportunities;
- Linking the vision to reality on the ground, and creating tangible solutions;
- Ability to leverage learning from a variety of sources to anticipate and respond to future trends;
- To demonstrate foresight in order to model what future developments and possible ways forward look like for UNDP.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in development economics, business administration, social sciences or related disciplines.
- A minimum of 7 years of professional work experience providing policy advice and programme support in the area of community security in different development contexts.
- At least 3 years of experience working in developing country settings is required.
- Experience in crisis contexts is an asset.
- Fluency in English, both written and oral;
- Fluency in another UN language is an asset.