This position can be fully remote in all US IRC locations.
The IRC’s Airbel Impact Lab designs, tests, and scales life-changing, cost-effective solutions for people affected by conflict and disaster. By applying deep technical expertise and field experience with a range of skills from the behavioral sciences, human-centered design, research, and multi-disciplinary problem-solving in humanitarian contexts, we work to develop breakthrough solutions that combine creativity and precision, flexibility and expertise, and a desire to think afresh with the experience and reputation of a large-scale implementing organization.
With a fast-growing portfolio and increasingly distributed team, we are looking for a dynamic individual to join the Airbel Impact Lab as People Operations Coordinator and provide critical support across the full life cycle of the employee experience. With a strong client-service approach, you will launch and implement thoughtful, inclusive, and effective people programs from the ground up, support managers and team members on recruitment, onboarding and resourcing, and work to enhance the overall employee experience for our team.
- Support Airbel managers in providing outstanding experiences for staff, from recruitment and onboarding through development, growth, retention and separation.
- Provide end-to-end project management for individual recruitment processes, including editing job postings, screening applications, drafting scoring rubrics and interview guides, and coordinating candidate interviews.
- Coordinate final process and hiring recommendation reviews by our internal Hiring Committee.
- Lead onboarding for new team members, ensuring all administrative forms are submitted, equipment is ordered, and staff have everything they need to succeed from day one.
- Serve as focal point for consultant contracting, managing our growing roster of short-term consultants and external support to Airbel projects.
- Create and maintain frameworks, tools and processes for hiring, professional development, performance management and promotions that drive team engagement and center Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Support strategic people planning, including organizational design, workforce planning, and aligning needs to support overall team plans and objectives.
- Build and implement initiatives to enhance employee satisfaction and well-being, and inspire a vibrant, collaborative work culture.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
- At least 4-5 years of related work experience, preferably in an HR support, project management or strategic people function.
- Experience across People Operations functional areas, including hiring & recruiting, onboarding, training and development, and performance management.
- Experience implementing DEI programs and practices, and providing guidance and tools to support DEI within HR processes.
- Excellent organizational skills: the ability to work independently & productively in a fast-paced team environment. Effectively sees projects through from start to finish, proactively anticipates needs and problem solves creatively.
- Demonstrated ability and fulfillment in operating with a client service approach, and building and fostering positive working relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: able to successfully and effectively partner with a variety of people in a multi-cultural environment and work on a virtual team.
The IRC is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity:
IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.