The successful candidate will recommend specific eyewear, take measurements, fit and adjust glasses, and teach customers to properly wear and care for their glasses or contact lenses.
- Obtaining patient prescriptions from optometrists and ophthalmologists.
- Taking customer information and measurements of the ocular area.
- Recommending frames or contact lenses that suit the customer’s style, face, and specifications.
- Adjusting and fitting frames according to the prescriptions and customer’s specifications, as well as to suit the customer’s face.
- Preparing work orders for the optical technicians to use to manufacture the lenses.
- Using specialized equipment, such as calipers, lensometers, and lens gauges.
- Keeping inventory on frames and contact lenses to ensure product variety and customer satisfaction.
- Repairing broken frames.
- Educating customers on how to wear and maintain glasses and contact lenses.
- Performing administrative duties, such as managing prescriptions, customer records, and insurance.
- Any other duties as may be assigned
Job Qualifications & Skills
- Certificate in optical technology
- Degree or diploma in Optometry will be an added advantage
- Previous professional experience as an optician
- Confident and articulate.
- Good organization and administrative skills