NRC’s global strategic plan for 2022 – 2025 includes Digital Transformation as a strategic enabler for the organisation and a key element in expanding the reach of our assistance towards the 2030 ambition. Within the Digital Transformation roadmap, data is recognised as a fundamental component of what we do and how we do it. As data becomes readily available, internal and external reporting burden on staff should significantly reduce and insights must inform decision-making.
In 2020, NRC created the Centre of Excellence for Data and Analytics (CoE) to promote and support data use across the organisation, including building capacity, processes and products. The CoE team is responsible for designing and developing data products that improve the organisation’s use of data, while increasing data quality and access to common data sets.
The product manager will lead the development of open data related products that meet the needs of the organisation. Taking a leading role in open data, the product manager will explore how external data sources can be used to create information products for NRC. The product lead will also be responsible for create reporting solutions that meet the needs of NRC’s donors and international commitments such as the Grand Bargain.
- Provide leadership and direction to all products.
- Maintain the high-level roadmap.
- Have expert product management skills.
- May be involved in elements of programme management activity.
- May be Involved in recruitment processes.
The Product Manager will deliver open data products built in the Microsoft Power Platform to internal and external stakeholders. Products include International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI) Reporting Solution, UN OCHA Financial Tracking Services (FTS) Reporting Solution and a Country-level Situational Awareness Dashboards. The product manager will also lead individual projects such as the Digital Maturity Assessment.
- Gathering user needs, review technical requirements, validate assumptions, and test prototypes.
- Work with system owners across the organisation to get access to data sources.
- Build and maintain several internal data services which will be used across the data product pipeline. This includes integration with business systems and the creation of a data repository for unified analytics.
Please access the full Job Description for more details about the role.
What makes this position attractive?
- A challenging and exciting opportunity with an international team dedicated to advocating for the rights of people forced to flee.
- A Temporary position for 18 months with the possibility of extension
- Duty station: Germany/Norway/United Kingdom/Remote
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated to what we do;
- To be innovative with our solutions;
- To act as one unified and inclusive team;
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the beneficiaries that we exist to serve; and to each other… the members of our NRC family.
We will be assessing candidates on an ongoing basis; therefore, early applications are recommended.
Please include all relevant employment history and education when completing your application.
For more information about the role, please contact:Roderick Besseling, Product Lead and Analytics, NRC / email@example.com
How to apply
Click HERE to complete your application.